3 Days To Go!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 Days To Go!!! 3 Days To Go!!!

Unread 07-08-2001, 10:01 PM
3 Days To Go!!!

wELL, HERE I AM AGAIN, SUNDAY NIGHT WITH 3 DAYS TO GO UNTIL IT WILL BE OVER... OR JUST BEGINNING??? FRIENDS BRINGING ME NEW NIGHTGOWNS AND ASKING A LOT OF QUESTIONS. MY FRIENDS ARE TERRIFIC. WE LAUGH AND CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT WE WOMEN HAVE TO GO THROUGH! SINCE I'M HAVING LAVH WITH EXTENSIVE BOWEL REPAIR AND BLADDER SUSPENSION, HOPING SURGERY WILL GO WELL AND RECOVERY WILL NOT BE TOO AWFUL BAD! ANY IDEAS OF WHAT TO TAKE TO THE HOSPITAL BESIDES THE NORM? WITH RECTECELE, A DONUT WAS SUGGESTED - ANYTHING ELSE??? WHAT EXACTLY IS A SOFT DIET - JELLO, MASHED POTATOES, PUDDING... HOW ABOUT NOODLES OR EGGS, ETC?? NOT SURE. DR HASN'T SAID YET. HE DID SAY SOFT DIET FOR TWO WEEKS DUE TO THE RECTECELE. LOVE THIS SITE- MAKES ME FEEL LESS ANXIOUS IN READING YOUR STORIES AND KNOWING OTHERS ARE OK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2001, 10:18 PM
3 Days To Go!!!

Hi,
Good luck with your surgery, take comfort in knowing that many sisters have gone before, and many will be getting their crowns at the same time you are. As I was waiting to go into the OR I thought about all of my hystersisters doing exactly the same thing and it helped me feel less alone.

As far as packing for the hospital, I wore their gowns but took my own robe and slippers. The favorite thing I brought was great smelling shower gel and my favorite lotion--that first shower is wonderful! I also used my walkman and some books on tape, couldn't concentrate well enough to read. A friend brought me a scented candle and although I couldn't light it, it made the room smell great. Bring very loose clothes and slip on shoes to go home in.

Take care,
Noel
Unread 07-09-2001, 04:49 AM
3 Days To Go!!!

Good luck you are almost there.
Just think you will be fully recovered before I even have my surgery.Yikes!

Let us know how things went
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2001, 09:39 AM
3 Days To Go!!!

Hi

I am going to be having an abdominal hyst. July 12. Maybe we can stay in touch. I feel that I am so ready, I what to have energy that I haven't had in a long time. Everyone thinks that I am crazy for doing this with my husband in Korea, that I should wait and have it when he comes home for his six month break. I told them that why should I wait for six months when I can feel so much better NOW. The people that are saying that have never had a hyst. All my friends that have says it is the best thing they ever did. I hope we can stay in touch. Good luck with you surgery, I will keep you in my prayers.

Bridget Darlene
Unread 07-09-2001, 10:14 AM
3 Days To Go!!!

Hi there. Been there and done it. Nope I do not regret my surgery one little bit. In fact, I am happier as I weighed it all out and made the decision. My right choice. Although there may be some risks or problems afterwards. Usually they can be corrected in due time.

What to take, I think you have made yourself a list of what to take. You are on a very soft diet. Bring some watermelon. Yummy! Ha! Ha! That is how I feel in my belly now. You should focus on just soft diet that are easy to digest. Mashed potatoes is not one of them. Full of starch. WW bread is better. Better yet is multigrain bread! Bran muffin! No choloates, cherries, beans (like chili or bean salad) because it is too gaaasssy! It will hurt as you try to pass that gas. You will be trying to pass that gas right after surgery and it hurts. Oh boy oh boy! Once that is over with, you will reconsider eating anything that gives you gas. I would wait on that till about 3 months post-op just to be sure that everything is working in order.

To take: Use the hospital gown, bring your own slippers, extra pillow if the hospital does not provide one. I needed that extra pillow as I had my first asthma attack. Never had I had it before. Strange?! Perhaps a scented soap and shampoo. Yes, loose fitting clothes to wear home. A small pillow for your stomach before putting on that seat belt. I found that helped me. The seatbelt is hard on my stomach. The last thing of all as we all have been told is to rest, rest, rest when you get home.

Will be thinking about you. Let me know how things went. A big to you.
Dale
Unread 07-09-2001, 11:05 AM
Pamela 1

Good luck to you! I will be sending you angels. I am scheduled for my total hysterectomy and ovary removal on September 12th. I just love this site. It brings me relieve from fears each day. Though I am still so very afraid. I am such a control freak, and my biggest fear is the aftercare process. I feel like I am going to be so dependent on others, and I hate that. But I know in my heart and with the help of these wonderful women, that I can do this. Be strong, and I will be praying for you. Susie
Unread 07-09-2001, 01:09 PM
3 Days To Go!!!

Hi Pamela

I had a TVH with Rectocele repair. I wasn't on a "mushy" diet, I was just told to be sure to include lots of fibers and stool softeners to my regular diet. I was also told to avoid straining. Be sure to drink plenty of water while you're recovering. And walk as much as you can to help with the .

More than likely, an explanation of what "mushy" stands for will be included in your discharge instructions.

I didn't have a donut: I used my "tummy" pillow to sit on. Make sure to wear loose, soft garments, especially the pants: stiff=pain. In the hospital, ask for a peri bottle: it really helps with the stitches when filled with warm water. A stits bath helps also.

Sounds like you have a really good support system

Your wait is almost over and we're right there with you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register