Scheduled LAVH Upcoming hysterectomy (5/8) plus anterior/posterior and TOT sling | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy (5/8) plus anterior/posterior and TOT sling Upcoming hysterectomy (5/8) plus anterior/posterior and TOT sling

Unread 05-03-2015, 10:21 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy (5/8) plus anterior/posterior and TOT sling

Hi All,
I am having a LAVH plus anterior/posterior repair and TOT sling this Friday. I had 3 children relatively close together and we are done, my husband had a vasectomy right after the 3rd.
I have been having irregular bleeding, two weeks exactly, tolerable pain and general misery during the onset of the heavy bleeding that begins at what would be the normal time of the period. This has happened since the birth of my 3rd. I went in for irregular bleeding, had an ultra sound, and came out of my urogyno's office with a recommendation of hysterectomy for what appears to be adenomyosis, (my uterus is twice as large,) and while he's in there recommends the other repairs. He did offer first the 3 birth control options then ablation before a hysterectomy. But I do not want to deal with birth control and ablation sounds like it will just control bleeding which then will eventually lead to a hysterectomy anyway. So.... I am scheduled this Friday and I'm nervous. I had a second opinion with a reg gyno, he was more let's wait and see approach maybe do an ablation and that's it. Any who, I just want to make sure I making things better not worse. The first person I told, of course, told me a horror story of another woman's experience. I am also a person who tells myself, it could be worse, I can handle the bleeding, pain and incontinence. People deal with worse symptoms. So yes I am scheduled, and I felt confident coming out of my pre-op appt., then my husband asks is this necessary? Which then I start asking myself that question. Aughhhhh I'm just nervous! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2015, 02:37 PM
Re: LAVH plus anterior/posterior and TOT sling

Hi Asmiley to HysterSisters!

Your emotions, feelings, fears, and anxiety are very normal. This is a difficult surgery to digest and process.

Realize, though, having a hysterectomy is MAJOR SURGERY and needs to be considered very carefully. You have to weigh the pros and cons of the surgery with your current health situation.

Getting alternate opinions on your condition and if you have other possible options is encouraged. Here are 5 Reasons to Seek a Second Opinion as well as 4 Reasons to Have a Hysterectomy.

This can be a tough decision to make, but you need to make the right decision for you. We will support whatever you decide.

Unread 05-06-2015, 09:22 PM
Re: LAVH plus anterior/posterior and TOT sling

Thank you so much!
-Amber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy (5/8) plus anterior/posterior and TOT sling

Smiley, I'm going in tomorrow too for a RALH. I'm just scared of the unknown: night in the hospital, the pain, the recovery, the being out of work. God bless you - you will be fine. Take all the tips that you think will work for you.
Unread 05-10-2015, 09:05 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy (5/8) plus anterior/posterior and TOT sling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaLD View Post
Smiley, I'm going in tomorrow too for a RALH. I'm just scared of the unknown: night in the hospital, the pain, the recovery, the being out of work. God bless you - you will be fine. Take all the tips that you think will work for you.
Hi Theresa,
How are you doing in recovery?
I'm do a bit better on day 3 but still have pain, I think mostly from gas. Hope your doing well!
Amber

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register