New and surgery in 3 days i am so scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New and surgery in 3 days i am so scared New and surgery in 3 days i am so scared

Unread 06-16-2003, 01:07 AM
New and surgery in 3 days i am so scared

Ok I dont know where to start. I started bleeding in Jan about 2-3 weeks out of the month. and pain. I called dr. they ran test and said that my gallbladder needed removed. They did that . Bleeding continued and I saw obgyn. She did a ultrasound , Mri, pap and blood work. The ultrasound showed Fibroids, the Mri showed Cyst and the pap showed dysplasia. So with all the pain and these things going on my Dr. has decided to do the following on Thursday. Remind you I am only 29. A diagnostic Lap, removal of cyst, endometrial ablation, DNC and possible Hysterectomy is what she put on the surgery papers. (Said since I am 29 she needs to do this this way for insurance reasons) She said that I will most likely have a hysterectomy and that she needed to put the others down incase she could do those instead. Im at my wits ends with the pain I am in . and Very scared of surgery . I hear horror stories and freak out. Can someone please help me

love
Heather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2003, 01:25 AM

You are in the right place. Take a deep breath, you will do fine. You are normal to be frightened and stressed out over this, it IS a major big deal...so know you ARE reacting normal.

I don't know that there are many people on these boards that didn't have fear going into the unkown. It is natural to be upset and "afeered"!

You will get through this. Post away, we are here beside you.

Unread 06-16-2003, 01:34 AM

hi ,

Welcome, you're in the right place and it's so normal to be worried.

I'm having surgery the day before you, LAVH for fibroids that have been causing that constant bleeding and pms too. Seems everyone wants to tell me their horror story about their last surgery. But I have heard wonderful stories from ladies that have had a hyst, that their lives are so much better now and they can't believe that they were enduring so much before.

I'm worried and scared too, have never had major surgery so this is all new to me. But right now I'm ready to end the constant pain and wonder what life will be like not having to carry supplies for aunt flo. This site is so wonderful with so much support. I have found that reading the posts have really calmed my nerves, especially ones from the sisters that came home after the castle. Good luck to you and we'll make it thru,

a huge to you,

Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2003, 04:59 AM
Heather and Beth...

Heather--and Beth!

Yes, it is indeed common to be anxious--even downright terrified--about surgery!

I had a LAVH/BSO at the very end of January--and I'm here to tell you that my level of worry prior to surgery was way out of proportion to what I would actually go though. But I didn't know that then! Recovery wasn't a breeze (hard work--get LOTS of support!), but the surgery went well. I had a doctor who was highly skilled--and highly practiced--and knew what he was doing.

Fast forward four months--and I feel like a new woman! I can't explain how wonderful it is NOT to have unpredictable or heavy bleeding--or ANY bleeding for that matter. NOT to have to go through the anxiety of abnormal pap tests and all that entails. No more anxiety about bleeding to death--or worse yet embarrasing myself in public with flooding! No more scheduling my life around my period. No more doubt. And...a bonus I hadn't expected: The pain I'd had for years...disappeared. POOF!

During my recovery I went around the house gathering up all the pads and tampons I'd stashed away: Some were crammed into my glove box; squashed down inside my briefcase alongside leaky inkpens and crumbled crackers; secreted away under bathroom sinks, hidden among the blood-stained undies in my dresser drawers--there were even bags of them sitting in my closets. I found sanitary napkins and tampons in my coat pockets, and others stashed away in several of my pocketbooks. I found them everywhere! They'd taken over my life!

After I'd gathered them all into one, huge box--hundreds of them--and sent them off to my sister and her daughter.

And I'm free and happy.

And you will be too....

While it's very, very normal--and natural--to worry about the unknown, I have strong feeling that you will have excellent results.
Unread 06-16-2003, 05:33 AM

Some really good quick references and articles can be found on the pre and post op hints and articles section found on the upper right portion of this page, right next to the go button. Scroll down to find them and click go. Read as much as you can. The pre and post op resource are great also, you can find those by going to the link message boards right under the hysters sisters logo at the top left of the page. If you go back and enter your surgery date under your name and location, youwill get added to our calendar and be included in all the good wishes for the princesses to be fo that day.

REmember, it is normal and actuallly very human to be nervous and scared about this. After reading the resources come back and ask any questions you have. WE will try and do our best to answer them or help you through things.

Hugs,

Linda >^..^<
Unread 06-16-2003, 05:59 AM

Heather,
You are in the right place. I've had surgery before, am 45, and was looking forward to my surgery. But that certainly didn't make it any easier. I was nervous and stressed about it also. This web site made it so much easier to deal with. Reading the posts and knowing I was not alone was very comforting. I didn't realize how stressed I was until I was at hospital and BP was abnormally elevated and when they went to give me IV I really stared to freak out. All is well and I'm recovering very well, Even with the pain from surgery and all the other stuff that goes with it I cannot believe my emotional state has been so much better. And I am only 3 wks post. (Is this the honeymoon effect?)
So sorry you have to have the surgery, very happy you found this wonderful website. Good luck
Tricia

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register