TAH 8 weeks post hysterectomy working out, abs? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 weeks post hysterectomy working out, abs? 8 weeks post hysterectomy working out, abs?

Unread 01-04-2015, 03:34 PM
8 weeks post hysterectomy working out, abs?

Hi all. Im bout 8 weeks post op and bk to work. Im still sore sometime at the end of a shift, Im a RN and wk 12 hr shifts. Im sore in legs and abs some.

I just started bk biking on my off days, I was in pretty good shape prior to surgery.

Dr says Im free to do anything I did pre surgery. But, my question is when did everyone step up their workouts? When and what did you do for abs?

I have belly bloat more in afternoon or if been a busy work day. Not too much belly bloat on daily basis.

I used to do alot of yoga, pilates and circuit training....just not sure when to start trying everything again. Im open for new suggestions too.

Thanks.
Charity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Re: 8 weeke post op working out, abs?

I had my LAVH on 12/22. My dr. said I could start biking and stretching (yoga and some Pilates) at 3 weeks, everything else, like weights, at 6 weeks. I'm going crazy, I need to move. Walking alone just doesn't cut it.
Unread 01-04-2015, 09:58 PM

I was cleared for everything at 6 weeks. But feel so out of shape. I did a few leg lifts/sit ups to start working my absence. and the next day it felt like week 2 all over again. I'm not sure if my muscles are ready yet. So I'm sticking to the exercise bike and upper body for awhile longer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2015, 06:08 AM

If your doc's cleared you, then go ahead and *start* trying anything you like. The key is to start slowly and work up to your pre-surgery levels gradually. Listen to your body. A little soreness after a workout you haven't done for awhile is normal. *Pain* is not! Ignore the belly bloat, which will eventually go away on its own.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register