pain on left side of pubic area | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pain on left side of pubic area pain on left side of pubic area

Unread 05-23-2005, 03:45 PM
pain on left side of pubic area

It's been 6 weeks since I've been out of hospital for TAH. 2 weeks ago, I had my checkup and doc said everything looked fine.

Two days after that, I feel as if I pulled a muscle! On the left side of my pubic area, where there is hair, it's been hurting like crazy. Pinching, feels like someone is pulling the hair out one piece at a time. Hurts when I twist or turn.

I have never felt this kind of pain before, not even after TAH and not even after two cesareans!

After weaning myself off of meds, I am now back on Naprosen at first, now Ibuprofen. These meds help, but I don't want to have to take them a long time!

Has anyone else had this??

- Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2005, 04:08 PM

Hi,

I had some of that at about 5 weeks. It lasted for 2-3 weeks, but even at nearly 6 mos post op the pubic bone is still tender at times. I remember wondering why does it hurt there?! It was a very sharp distinct pain. I assumed it was nerves regenerating.

If this new pain is tempting you to start on pain meds again, then give your doctor a call. This could be something else and he needs to be kept in the loop.

Best regards,
Maralyn
Unread 05-23-2005, 04:52 PM

This was my post......I can relate,and the doctor said all is normal,and it lasted about 4 days I'd say......here and there it happens ,but NOTHing like it was...good luck.

burning pubic region and groin pain
wi_gal320
Hyster Sister

Send me Greetings!
[Profile] [email] [PM]

05-18-2005 09:01 PM

Hi there.I am not sure how to describe this pain,but here goes.Everything is going great ,exept if I move a certain way,I get this BURNING,pulling pain in pubic region and kinda down the groin area.This pain stops when position is changed.Is a Pain that no one could endure if it was an all of the time thing.I called today,and they said sounded like like deep bruising.Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.Is weird,cause that is where I'm numb feeling too.......(the pain is like deep inside)Thanks for any responses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2005, 11:16 PM

Thanks for your posts!

I saw a doctor a few days ago (mine was not there that day), he said "It's just aches and pains after surgery. It could last several more weeks.

Ibuprofin is helping a lot! I hope it goes away sooner.

Thanks again!

- Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register