5 weeks plus post op...more pain now than immediately after surgery??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks plus post op...more pain now than immediately after surgery??? 5 weeks plus post op...more pain now than immediately after surgery???

Unread 08-13-2005, 01:55 PM
5 weeks plus post op...more pain now than immediately after surgery???

Hi Ladies:

I am 5 weeks plus post op, and I have a question for you all, anyone get more pain weeks after their surgery.

My belly is touch tender, mostly around the belly button area, on both sides and in the center, I have been to the hospital for an infection and completed the round of antibiotics, went to my own gp, she gave me pills to help with the inflammation, but it seems to be increasing rather than decreasing and the pain is getting more and more intense.

My surgeon is away till the 22nd, I am going back to gp on Monday, but I feel like such a whiner, am I being that, my pain threshold is usually very high, but it hurts even to sit as my belly feels sooooo bruised, there are no marks or anything on it, the incision site looks better, not as inflamed or swollen now, anyone got any input...please

Thanks all I anxiously await your reply!
cuj!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2005, 02:02 PM

It might be that you are doing more now than you did when you first had surgery. On the other hand I think it would be a good idea to see your GP on Monday to make sure there is no further infection.

s

Kim x
Unread 08-13-2005, 03:10 PM

Cuj, I agree with Kim, perhaps you are doing more now than you did immediately after surgery. I'm 6 weeks along now and in the past 2 weeks have had little pain....BUT, when I lift or do too much around the house, I know it and need to rest. See your doctor very soon for an expert opinion. Good luck, rest and hope you are feeling better soon. Judy xo in Hamilton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2005, 06:31 PM

I had a similar experience following my LAVH, I wonder what procedure you had done, I don't see it. I did go in to my surgeon to check for a hernia, the problem in my situation was a popped internal stitch, which hurt and swelled but nothing serious. I also had the feeling of bruising and the swelling, eventually the bruise made it's way to the surface and I ended up with a little blood blister looking thing in my belly button, this was checked by the dr to make sure it was just from the stitch, and the stitch was in there, it just made a fuss getting to the surface which caused my discomfort. Also, any internal stitching will disolve, when that goes and your body has to "hold it's own" it'll hurt. Also at this point out, all your abdominal muscles are pretty well shot, once you try to return to activities, it will hurt and swell. I am about 4 and a half months out and withing the last 3 weeks the swelling after my workout has finally stopped, it does take time. ALWAYS though, when you are in a lot of pain and concerned, ASK YOUR DOCTOR. In my case it was NOT a hernia, or anything serious, but they wouldn't check if it wasn't a possibility, see your doctor, but in the meantime, try to get some peace of mind!
LAVH March 30/05 age 22 Simcoe ON, Canada
Unread 08-17-2005, 09:38 AM

I also have experenced some of the same although I am only 3 weeks out. I have not done any lifting or anything to over due it. I was informed by my doc that I probably had a blood pocket and it should go away. I go back to the doc next week and will have him check again. Just take it easy and see what your doc has to say. Good luck
Unread 08-17-2005, 10:38 AM

I know this sounds weird, but I had the same thing happen. I am only 3 weeks post-op and I am already back to work full time after a TAH/BSO. I thought I was over doing it as well, but I called my doctor about it and he told me it was normal. Not sure what kind of incision you had, but with mine, as I am sure with a lot of them, they had to cut through the nerve in my belly. Up until now, I have been numb. With the nerves now healing, the pain is very much like bruising. My dr. explained it like going to the dentist, having major work done with only novacaine, and having no pain, until the numbness wears off. I guess what I am saying is that maybe your nerve is healing now, and you are starting to get the feeling back??? If it concerns you, talk to your dr like I did. It totally made sense to me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register