Should I Laugh Or Should I Cry? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Should I Laugh Or Should I Cry? Should I Laugh Or Should I Cry?

Unread 01-31-2008, 08:23 PM
Should I Laugh Or Should I Cry?

I had my LSH last tuesday with removal of one tube/ovary also a posterior repair and replacement of a sling for bladder. I seem to be experiencing some hormonal inbalances I guess? One minute I'm fine the next I'm crying it doesn't seem to matter even what it's about. Has any of my hyster sisters experience this? I thought with keeping one ovary I wouldn't have any hormonal issues. Anyone that has experience this I'd appreciate your input. Am I normal or am I going crazy? Eileen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2008, 08:40 PM

Oh Eileen, You are indeed normal. It may be from the surgery and your one ovary is in shock. It may be from the pain relievers. It may be that you need to be started on some hormones and you can call your doctors tomorrow and see what they can give you to help you feel better. I am 8 days out and I while watching Oprah I started crying. Then my husband came home from work and decided not to go on our trip to California in a couple of months which I've gone alone before and it doesn't bother me...less people to please...yet I cried and cried. Hang in there. Big hugs.
Unread 01-31-2008, 08:43 PM

Eileen -
You are normal!!! Your body has been thru a major procedure!

You are adjusting to that and getting the drugs from surgery out of your system. Your remaining ovary is probably still in shock. Read the post op check list here on the site and your week's thread - - that was a major help to me. To know what others were also going thru and thinking who were at the same post op place as me.

Take it easy and give it some time - it can be a roller coaster ride for a while.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2008, 08:47 AM

Thanks Debbie I guess most the time I'm used to being in control or at least think I am. I guess this will probably be a big lesson in patience. Thanks for the encouraging words. Eileen
Unread 02-01-2008, 12:37 PM

Yeaj, I agree you are very normal. I had my TVH on the 22nd and the other day I lost my remote and I started crying....lol my DD came in the room and thought because I was going to the Dr office to have my cathater taken out I was so happy that is why I was crying ....lol Anyhow, you are normal things will get bck in order soon. hang in there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register