Bladder problems (PLEASE HELP) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder problems (PLEASE HELP) Bladder problems (PLEASE HELP)

Unread 07-27-2010, 04:41 PM
Bladder problems (PLEASE HELP)

i have been having bladder issues since my LAVH like feeling like i need to urinate but when I do its stop and go. during surgery he did nothing to my bladder and its still messed up..... I went to the DR for a recheck and I told him my bladder was still messed up so he did a urine test for an UTI and it was neg again so he did an in and out cath and guess what pee came out and I just urinated in the cup like 5 or 10 min before so is my bladder not empting or what could be causing it??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2010, 05:20 PM
Re: Bladder problems (PLEASE HELP)

O have had same pro I went last Thursday two week check up. They said white count really high. Gave me antibiotics but in front and kidney still hurt. Wake up six times but before I even get to sleep have to pee a lot more can't empty bladder.
Unread 07-27-2010, 05:32 PM

I was told the bladder gets irritated from being moved around during surgery and also from cathing. I had lots of thinking/feeling I need to go to. Needing to concentrate to pee... stopping and starting. Very annoying! I am 2 week now, but still have the same feelings on and off. It helps to drink lots of water. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2010, 05:38 PM

I drink pleanty of water. I drink five gallons a week. I love my water. Just really soar from wiping. Because the bladder will not empty. What does antibiotics for. What does it mean white count is high. They gave me 5 IV antibiotics while in hospital. They took everything out after surgery. So did not wake up with anything hanging. But so tiered pf peeing. They did q cat scan but everything ok bit blood work. Kidney hurts and front above hip.
Unread 07-27-2010, 08:22 PM

The bladder gets pretty beat up in surgery. It is going to have to heal also. drink cranberry juice and water, sit to pee, stand up then sit right back down to pee some more and use baby wipes instead of tissue. Helps me.......
Unread 07-27-2010, 09:31 PM

I had abdominal hyst 5 months ago and had severe bladder pain and weird sensations. Took my bladder 3 months to get normal again. Drink lots of water and get plenty of rest. The doc said 8 weeks to fully heal, but i feel like I am still healing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register