Random Shower Thoughts - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Random Shower Thoughts Random Shower Thoughts

Unread 08-27-2013, 10:40 PM
Re: Random Shower Thoughts lol

When I still had the staples he only told me to take short showers and pat the area dry. After the staples were removed and replaced with with steristrips, he said to blow dry it. No mention of soap or wash cloth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2013, 10:45 PM

Thank you for your support . Hard to heal with 7 kids 10and. under running around. every bit of support and humor helps .
Unread 08-27-2013, 10:47 PM

Pre and post-op, I was given a special anti-bacterial soap to use. I was told absolutely no tub soaks, and to not use any body sprays or fragranced wipes in the area for 2 weeks.
Unread 08-27-2013, 10:54 PM

I use cetaphil antibacterial beforey sugery July 19th.
And due to my sensitive skin (I break out from lots of soap/detergents) I'm not switching until I know all my incisions are healed just to be on safe side.
Unread 08-27-2013, 10:55 PM

After I had some of my children they gave me a can of Dermaplast pain relieving spray for where my stitches were from ripping. wish I knew if I could use it now....sooo much pain I can't sleep even with pain meds.
Unread 08-27-2013, 11:01 PM

You should be able to call the dr office and ssk about the dermaplast. Sending hugs and hope you start feeling better soon
Unread 08-28-2013, 09:37 AM

I was told to shower with antibacterial soap. Which I normally avoid because it causes issues. DH helped get the areas I couldn't do as well today.. and said he'd help work on getting rid of the last of the betadine yellowish dye and around the incisions for 2 more days. Our shower AND my bedroom are upstairs.. I was given permission to go up at night and come down in the AM once a day- so DH helped me bathe before I came down. I took water, a protein bar and pills upstairs last night along with the mini laptop, so I was entertained and medicated BEFORE the shower. it seems to have helped a lot.. I'll do the same tonight/tomorrow AM.. I did try to shower myself before I checked out of the hospital- that wasn't nearly as effective on cleaning around the incisions, but as I get more comfortable it should be easier...
Unread 08-28-2013, 11:43 AM
Re: Random Shower Thoughts

I was told before surgery if I could use an antibaterial soap that it would be best. Post surgery, I was just told to not take a bath for a week. No instructions about showers.
Unread 08-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Re: Random Shower Thoughts

I was told no baths for 8 weeks but can shower as much as I want....no instructions on soap or loofa use . Hope that helps .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register