when does the bladder chill?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

when does the bladder chill?? when does the bladder chill??

Unread 01-07-2012, 01:02 PM
when does the bladder chill??

Day 17! (week 3) Whew, that was a loooong 16 days! But feeling better all the time.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me when I will stop hurting to get a full bladder? If I dont get up to relieve myself as soon as I feel that twinge. If I get a truly full bladder, oh goodness its even painful to just walk to the potty! 2 week check up said I was doing great..but Dr's a man.....any advice Sisters, besides gettn up and going every 20 minutes.....i drink a lot

BTW, got my belly wrap band with the ice pack pocket. Hands down, BEST. IDEA. EVER!!! Thanks HS for creating this brilliant idea! Helps a ton!! Love it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Re: when does the bladder chill??

My bladder finally feels normal. I'm 5 weeks. I kept thinking I had uti and she kept checking my urine and said it was negative. I felt like I had to go every 30 minutes and still hurt when I finished but its all good now!
Unread 01-07-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendoodle View Post
My bladder finally feels normal. I'm 5 weeks. I kept thinking I had uti and she kept checking my urine and said it was negative. I felt like I had to go every 30 minutes and still hurt when I finished but its all good now!
2 more weeks? Oh boy! This is so much fun~ errrrr.
Thank you so much for the insight!

Any insite on the tenderness of the skin, not the incision part but above that, maybe where they put the clamp to hold me open? it is SUPER sensative and I've been putting coco oil on it and rubbing it but it still doesnt seem to make it less sensative.....???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2012, 05:03 PM

Soully my bladder hurt just like you described. And then after peeing it would ache for 40 minutes. I had urinalysis and CT both normal. It took about 3 months for my bladder to settle. It's been acting up a bit again lately though. My doctors reacted like they haven't heard of this before... And yet it seems to be common enough on this site. Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 01-07-2012, 06:47 PM

Thank you for posting this question. I'm 10 days post-op, and I'm having the same weird/pain sensation... I don't even know how to describe it. My Doctor said it was normal, due to the catheter. I had one two years ago though with my spinal surgery, and don't remember it feeling icky to urinate. I may have convieniently forgotten though. lol I thought maybe I have a uti or bladder infection... but I'm guessing I'm okay too.
Unread 01-07-2012, 07:26 PM

I have had 2 bladder infections since surgery 5 weeks ago. I am on antibiotics and bladder spasm meds again. It would seem that bladder complications will be with me for a while, but I don't think this is usual. My uterus was completely adhered to my bladder. If it bothers you, ask for a urine test and be certain.
Unread 01-07-2012, 07:40 PM

I'm almost 4 weeks post op and having the same issue. My doctor told me yesterday that the bladder is trying to find "it's new place" since the uterus is gone. He said it's simply irritated at us LOL. He said it may take a few weeks to get back to normal. Mine was better during 3 week, but started having more and more spasms this week. He gave me some meds to help with that and it has made a big difference!
Unread 01-07-2012, 08:10 PM

My surgery was 12/9....All in all I think I am feeling good...However, I am concerned about my bladder. The day following my surgery I was having breathing issues and low blood pressure, not sure why but anyhow I was sleeping and peed in the hospital bed. That had never ever happened to me before. Same thing that night. It also happened two nights in a row a week after coming home. I went to my Dr. who said that my bladder was finding it's spot and having spasms and they checked for an infection. I quit taking any pain medication thinking maybe it was knocking me out so much I would sleep through it instead of waking up. It also happened two nights in a row the following week. It will be a month on Monday and I have peed the bed 6 times in about a two week span. I have never ever had any previous problems.
I will see my Dr. again on Monday . . . . I hope this settles down and is not a permanent problem of any kind. I see alot of others have had bladder repairs or slings (not sure what they are) No body else is mentioning this on the posts just that they have to go alot
Unread 01-07-2012, 09:47 PM

I had the same problems. My doctor told me it is bladder spasms because our bladders aren't used to being harrassed. The worst part to me is the pain right as you get finished. He gave me some medicine - Detrol LA - and it's helping. It's just once a day. Just a word of advice if your doc does give you that, ask if you can get the regular and not the LA. Without insurance at the pharmacy I used it would have been 230 bucks for 30 pills. Even with my amazingly awesome insurance it was $40.00. The regular I got the week after surgery was 2 bucks for 10 pills - a lot cheaper
Unread 01-08-2012, 09:18 AM

WOW, that's some response! Just I dont know if I more freaked out or less now....week 5 to 3 months to mega issues.....urg...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register