11 days since BM | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

11 days since BM 11 days since BM

Unread 03-11-2013, 03:37 PM
11 days since BM

I am sick to my stomach and the pressure is killing me. I've been taking Miralax, Prune juice, Apple juice, high fiber. Lattes have always brought on BM's . . .but having one brought home daily has done nothing to help. Doctors office just recommended 2 tablespoons mineral oil mixed with chocolate syrup..and add a suppository. I have had issues with undiagnosed rectal bleeding. I am freaking out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Re: 11 days since BM

Ugh I have had that before. Try a fleet enema
Unread 03-11-2013, 04:27 PM

One thing you may want to avoid is dairy as it can actually work against you when you're constipated.
Try some stool softeners combined with senokot at night before bed with a lot of water. Don't eat anything after that though, just drink. This combo is what worked for me along with a lot of roughage during the day. Take a few stool softeners and a couple of senokot. The key for me was the not eating after though, if I did it didn't work as well.
When you wake up have a small glass of cold water, then a big cup of coffee and walk around your house a bit.
Good luck, I hope this resolves it for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2013, 05:20 PM

Oh, I am so sorry, that must be so miserable. Have you warmed the prune juice? Are you able to walk at all? Prayers this passes quickly for you.
Unread 03-11-2013, 10:52 PM

Ask your doctor if you can try a fleets enema. That should clean you out and then you can try other suggestions as needed. You are all plugged up poor thing
Unread 03-12-2013, 12:07 PM

I have been in the bathroom 30 minutes. Doctor's office said to wait on an enema. until they get back to me. It is close, but not quite there. I am dripping sweat still, is this normal???
Unread 03-12-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiLynne View Post
I have been in the bathroom 30 minutes. Doctor's office said to wait on an enema. until they get back to me. It is close, but not quite there. I am dripping sweat still, is this normal???
Dear, I am sorry for all that you have to go through. You are probably sweating because you are nervous and it probably isn't feeling the best. Prayers that this is over soon!
Unread 03-12-2013, 03:02 PM

Did you try milk of magnesia?
Unread 03-12-2013, 03:12 PM

I saw the above comment and thought id mention...Milk of magnesia worked for me about six hours after I took it. I had a lot of cramping until it worked but by that point I was happy anything worked! Feel better soon.
Unread 03-12-2013, 04:06 PM

Milk of magnesia also worked for me. I used it after 4 days. Prunes, coffee, water had not helped. I feel for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register