spotting...when urinating | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

spotting...when urinating spotting...when urinating

Unread 11-10-2011, 05:48 AM
spotting...when urinating

I am four weeks post op - Davinci total hysterectomy...cervix removed. After urinating...I have a little blood coloring on the tissue....is this normal...and for how long?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Re: spotting...when urinating

Good Morning Sanne1213, Yes this is normal, had my Davinci on the 21st had everything removed. Had some issues in the beginning and went for a check up yesterday and was told that spotting is normal and as long as I don't soak a pad in under and hour don't worry.
If you are concern please call your dr., the nurses at my drs office have been great in answering my questions and have made me at ease.
Hang in There it will get better!
Unread 11-10-2011, 07:20 AM

I'm the "Queen of Spotting"....... Lol....

Yes! That is totally normal! I think doctors should take more time discussing this and explaining what to expect! That would've helped me out a lot!!!! Many tears were shed over not knowing that spotting was normal!

It is caused by the blood and saline being trapped up there because of the swelling. At first, well for me, no spotting or anything for 9 days. Then it started like yours.

Lite pink, it can also be red or brown. It's the leftover blood that finds its way out by seeping thru the stitches, etc. This is how it was explained to me.

If you bleed so heavy that you fill a pad in or under an hour, then I was told to call the doctor.

Rest and don't worry!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2011, 12:31 PM

Yes, this is normal. I had spotting off and on for a couple weeks. Not enough to wear a panty liner, it was just there when I went to the bathroom.
Unread 11-10-2011, 01:32 PM

I still have the same issue and I am five weeks out. : ) Not fun I know.
Unread 11-10-2011, 02:32 PM

it seems to be normal as i had the same thing. at first i was freaking out but, i had an appt with my doc that same day and he said it was normal. it only lasted about 5 - 6 weeks for me.
Unread 11-10-2011, 02:46 PM

I am two weeks after surgery. Had a complete Hyster. I am still spotting a little. Light pink in color not much. I sure that I was over doing things, but it looks like there are others that is happening to so I will not stress so much. I just don't want to do anything to the internal stitches that I have. We are all learning things together Thank God for this Web site.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register