5 months... ouchies... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 months... ouchies... 5 months... ouchies...

Unread 08-11-2005, 12:28 PM
5 months... ouchies...

For the most part, I think my recovery has gone pretty well...Still have nasty night sweats, but otherwise pretty much back to normal daily life... but now, after five full months, I'm beginning to get twinges of pain again ... in the area that used to be kind of "numb", now I feel pulling and "pins and needles" kind of pains, and twinges when I bend over and/or lift things... I was hoping by now that I would be over all this... I'm worried that I may have adhesions again... or is it just that cut nerves are growing back? Should I be concerned?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2005, 02:36 PM
5 months... ouchies...

I am just a little ahead of you with my surgery date. I am having the same things, but I am also noticing that some places that were numb has some feelings back. I just took that as a good sign. I also get the pins and needles sensation. I still don't lift heavy things. My life is getting back to normal also. If you are concerned your doctor is the best one to ask.
Unread 08-11-2005, 02:49 PM
5 months... ouchies...

I am 4 months out and getting the pins and needles sensations also. The numb places are starting wake up. For the most part I feel good, still get tired easily. I think that if you are having pains that you are concerned about that you should definitely talk to your dr. I wish everyone the best. Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2005, 05:34 PM
5 months... ouchies...

Five months for me next week. I'm also having numb places wake up lately - it's itchy and it hurts.
Anybody got some cheese to go with my whine?
Unread 08-11-2005, 05:57 PM
5 months... ouchies...

I have heard that it takes a year to heal from the inside out. Maybe it's part of the healing.I hope that's what it is.
Unread 08-11-2005, 06:16 PM
5 months... ouchies...

I am at five months too! Thank goodness the skin nerves are waking up. I hated not having feeling around my scar. I have twinges but not bad. I am a paramedic so I lift up to 500# on a cot, thank goodness I have a partner to help lift!! I have no pain on lifting or anything. Wish I would have done it ten yearn ago. I am using the patch which is natural. If I change it every four days life is great. Good luck to all of you five monthers!! Bless you all in your recovery.
Unread 08-12-2005, 03:58 AM
5 months... ouchies...

my stomach itches too - but kind of under the top numb layer of skin, so scratching it doesn't help... I lay in bed at night and slap my tummy to get rid of the sensations- my husband thinks I've gone mental (which i probably have) ;0)
I was laid in the bath this morning admiring my scar too - its nice and flat now, some bits have totally faded, whilst others are still pink - a bit like a dotted line - it's much better than the scar it replaced from my myemectomy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register