Tvh 12-10-03 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-08-2003, 01:30 PM
Tvh 12-10-03

I am scheduled for a TVH on Wed. My doctor has told me that I will most likely be able to return to work (light duty only) in about 2 weeks. Is this right? Everything I've read here is saying more like 6 to 8 weeks. What should I be expecting? Gettin' pretty nervous about now!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2003, 02:49 PM
Tvh 12-10-03

two weeks does sound early.... what kind of work do you do?

But honestly, it doesn't really matter what you do---- you will still be feeling pretty tuckered out at 2 weeks.
Unread 12-08-2003, 05:14 PM
Tvh 12-10-03

I do clerical work, but my boss is great and is not expecting alot out of me. I'll just do light filing and answering the phones. I will also probably only woth 1/2 days to beging with. It's not mandatory that I go back in 2 wks, I'll just need the $$$$$$.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2003, 07:15 PM
Tvh 12-10-03

Hey there! I had a tvh on 11/6/03 and am 4 weeks post. I originally thought that I would be only out for 3-4 weeks. However, my dr. and I have decided to take 8 weeks off for recovery.

I am a control freak and have gone in to help out at work a couple of times and have answered many calls at home concerning work. I was incredibly tired week one, felt better on week two and over-did it, miserable week three, and taking it easy on week four.

Even though I had vag. hyst. I still do not like to have anything tight or fitted on. I also have "swelly-belly" by the evening if I am on my feet a lot.

It sounds like you have a great boss and will have flexibility when you return to your job. You are so fortunate. Good luck and take it easy. You have only one chance to heal correctly.
Unread 12-08-2003, 07:57 PM
Tvh 12-10-03

Hey Shoey,

First let me say that I'm sorry you need this surgery

I had a TVH on Halloween and I went back to work part time my second week. Remember everyone heals differently so leave the option open for yourself.

I could have used two weeks part time and then gone full time as I was still tired ... over all it worked well for me though. I was also off pain meds by day two post op.

Dr cleared me for light duty and driving after one week so we went for it

I work at a hospital so I made sure I had extra time available if I needed it and that I did no clinical work .... lots of charting for me hehehehe.

Just listen to your body and your Dr ..... if your young and healthy the TVH is much easier on the body than the abdominal proceedure. Just my two cents worth.

Carly
Unread 12-23-2003, 11:08 AM
Tvh 12-10-03

I was back to work in 11 days. I do office work and felt fabulous in about a week. A little sore if I laughed hard or coughed, but it was a piece of cake to recover. I was out of the hospital the next day. I slept a lot the first week. I have a great surgeon, which makes all the difference. I only had 4 small 1/2" cuts that healed with glue.

Love not having periods and my sex life was back to normal in one month. I take Zoloft for depression and go to church and have a loving husband. I'm totally blessed. Hang In There!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register