What to wear? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What to wear? What to wear?

Unread 06-15-2004, 04:03 PM
What to wear?

My TAH/BSO is one week from today, and I'm SO looking forward to getting this over with and on with the healing!
My question is: what might I be able to wear home from the castle? My doc says she'll use a bikini incision, so will I be able to stand pajama/soft pants, or only a gown, or what?
Any advice on what to pack and to have ready at home?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2004, 04:08 PM
What to wear?

Hi, I had a vertical incision- don't think it matters much. They are all sensitive at that point! I bought an inexpensive pair of soft "workout" type elastic waistband pant in a size with a little extra room. And a nice oversize t-shirt to cover up the belly! At home, I live in my loose nighty! Only change to go out for my short walks, then right back to comfort! Good luck!
Unread 06-15-2004, 04:17 PM
What to wear?

I too had the bikini cut. I wore a short t-shirt like summer dress home from the hospital! It worked out well for me, because it was loose but I still felt "dressed". I am fortunate to be small to begin with so getting into my regular undergarments and clothes has not proved to be an issue. Good Luck! The waiting truly is the hard part!

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2004, 05:04 PM
What to wear?

I wore a two piece pants outfit that was almost like a tee shirt and soft brushed cotton pants. Very loose fitting, too! I was glad because I was very swollen. A dress would have been fine,, too. Make sure if you buy something, it is something you wil wear again. I wouldn't wear the two piece outfit now because it is really loose fitting since the swelling went down. It also looks a little "loungy". If I had it to do over, thank GOD I don't , (even though it's not as bad as you imagine beforehand), I think I would have just taken along a sundress, then bought something frivolous and unnecessary post-op....LOL
Unread 06-15-2004, 05:10 PM
What to wear?

I wore a pair of hubby's sweatpants and t-shirt on my ride home. Once I got home, I swiped his soft cotttony pajama pants because they would be bigger on me than my own clothes. AFter a couple of weeks I could wear drawstring shorts.

The biggest thing to consider is that a zipper, like jeans will DEFINITELY bug your incision! I was pretty close to 5 weeks before I could tolerate jeans or anything with a zipper in the front.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register