endometrial hyperplasia/ovarian cyst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

endometrial hyperplasia/ovarian cyst endometrial hyperplasia/ovarian cyst

Unread 07-24-2009, 06:56 PM
endometrial hyperplasia/ovarian cyst

and looking for some input. I'm just really looking for some support and possibly advice and am really having a hard time finding an online group that will even acknowledge my posts. Hopefully, I have finally found the right place! Here is my situation: I am a 38 year old lady, single with no children. The past several months I have been sufferring pain in my left side, right about the hip bone and it goes around my back. My primary care doctor ordered a bunch of tests one of them being a vaginal sonagram. Recently, my pcp's nurse called informing me to make an appointment due to an abnormal sonagram. I was told they found a simple cyst on the right overy which is weird because I only have problems on the left side and also endometrial hyperplasia. I was not worried about the cyst because a friend had already warned me that if I did have one it could possibly be treated with medication. I am worried about the hyperplasia thing. I had never heard of it. So, I made a mistake and looked it up online. Now, I'm confused and scared to death. Should I be worried? The nurse didnt give any additional info other than "endometrial hyperplasia"
Can someone just warn me, what should I expect when I go to the obgyn and he looks at the results? Do they usually say, "hey, I'll check again in 6 months" or what? More than likely what should I expect? A vaginal exam? Additional tests? If so what kind of tests and do they involve pain? Is this something serious and should I worry? Would this diagnosis explain the pain on my left side? It's killing me. I know this sounds weird but if there is a cyst on the right would that have anything to do with the left side? I do not know if they are related but the biggest problems I currently have are the achy pain on the left side which wraps around to the lower back as well, I bleed extremely heavy the first three days of my cycle, I have been having problems emptying my bladder comepletely. I'm contstantly running to the bathroom. During the first three days of my cycle I suffer from really bad cramps which keep me up at night.
The most frustrating thing right now is waiting for an explaination. I initially had an appt with the obgyn for Aug. 12 I called and asked to change it earlier because I'm so worried, so then it was changed to the 3 (or maybe the 4th. I forget) THen today they call and say they have to cancel that and I cannot get in until the 13 of August. So, I thought well, I'll just go and talk with my pcp to get info and I cannot get into him until the 19 of August. I'm gonna pull my hair out.
Can anyone give me some insight? If this is no big deal just tell me and I'll admit to over reacting and leave these boards with people with real problems alone. If it is a big deal just please say so. Just let me know what to expect. I hate going to the obgyn doctor. I have only been for two ob exams in my life.
Thanks for understanding....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2009, 09:17 PM
Re: endometrial hyperplasia/ovarian cyst

Sorry i dont have any advice but wanted to wish you luck
hugs
Lisa
Unread 07-26-2009, 09:30 PM

Thanks so much for acknowledging my post. I appreciate it. I've been so nervous and sick to my stomache all weekend long. I'll just be glad when that first visit to the ob Doctor is over with. I probably deserve what ever is wrong. I have only had two vaginal exams/pap smears in my life. When they ask "when was your last ob visit" my usual response was "last year." I've always been self conscious and embarressed so I just don't go. Now, I have to go and admit that I've lied. They will probably think I'm a total nut case. Thanks again. Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2009, 04:28 PM

flyindove -

I believe you will find the people here very responsive if they have familiarity with your issues.

I will speak from my own experience. I had very heavy bleeding for 1 day of my regular period so my dr ordered a transvaginal ultrasound. He saw fibroids and a mass. I was scheduled for a D&C. The mass ended up being endometrial cancer. So I was scheduled for a hysterectomy and removal of tubes and ovaries (BS0). From the pathology after my surgery I had complex hyperplasia w/ atypia but no other cancer. There is also hyperplasia w/o atypia. I don't know the stats on when it develops from one to the other.

Anyway your doctor might order a transvaginal ultrasound, might want to do an endometrial biopsy and might want to do a D&C due to the heavy bleeding. THey didn't know that I had a cyst on my ovary until after my hyster, it was non-cancerous.

There's no way right now to tell if it is a big deal so you are doing the right thing in seeing your doctor.

Sending you

G.
Unread 07-27-2009, 05:29 PM

Hi...Thanks for the info. I just had a transvaginal and abdominal sonagram last month. After having that test is when the nurse of my primary care Doctor called stating there was a cyst and endometrial hyperplasia. I was told to follow up with the obgyn. So, that's what I'm waiting for is to get into see the obgyn which is not for a couple of weeks yet. Today I called to see if I could get in any sooner. The nurse from my Doctor office even tried to get me in sooner. No luck.
Sounds like you have been though a lot. I hope that your doing ok now. Thanks again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register