SAH What are you sisters doing to not go mad? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What are you sisters doing to not go mad? What are you sisters doing to not go mad?

Unread 01-19-2011, 08:10 PM
What are you sisters doing to not go mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymouse3 View Post
I had my hyst on December 8th, around my recliner I set up two t.v. tables with my netbook, cell phone, home phone, remote, we have netflix on line. I made sure everything was around me that I needed including word puzzels, books etc. If you work outside the home, and you have a desk/computer oriented job, you might want to have work emailed to you that you can do from home, I did that. Painting sounds fun as long as it is not a wall murial, no stretching or bending until your dr. says o.k.. I don't know how old your daughter is, but we have two computers at my house and we (me and my granddaughter) joined pixie hollow by disney so we could interact and fly through pixie hollow together. I have it so she is on my account and I am the only one she can chat with. You will find that you will take frequent naps, it has only been 9 days. don't deny your sleep. You will go stir crazy, but just enjoy your time to be a princess and take care of [i]yourself[i]. Keep checking the website, there are lots of great articles here and it is amazing how much you can learn. Keep up the good work sister!
Thank you you too sounds like you are doing very well. I just have ants in my pants,very fidgety...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2011, 08:29 PM

saphire...reading ur posts reminded me of something else, i remember the first couple weeks after surgery my head was really really really busy, seemed like ten times more than usual cuz i have a busy head normally, and because my body couldnt be busy it seemed my head was making up for it, that got better week three i think...i remember i had to force my head to slow down, i even had trouble sleeping at night & napping, i was surviving on less sleep than usual, i listened to calm music, talked to myself, made myself think calm thoughts...wind down sistee, make sure u take time to rest ur body & ur mind when u can, i think its important for recovery
Unread 01-20-2011, 08:04 AM
Re: What are you sisters doing to not go mad?

You are all so great. I have a tough time doing just that simmering down the mind. I am having mega trouble with one of my children (teenager) whom I love and adore dearly. When I stop and think I cry. I have a very strong marriage thank you GOD! My other children are doing just fine but are very tired of dealing and seeing us hurt(hubby and I ). So, I am trying to keep my mind on the positive and keep it healthy with busy doing little things.
Yesterday, I literally spent my day playing and loading music to my computer and synced all devices. Treated myself to some music that I have been meaning to get on iTunes. I actually had fun and went down memory lane and got new music to enjoy for the future. I love P!nk,Sheryl Crow to Frankie Vallie to classical to Hole and finally on to Sinatra..... So random I know!
I am so thankful to be doing so well after this surgery I was so lucky to have surgeon I had and have. I really feel great physically and emotionally considering what we are going through.
I think some good fresh air and a short quick walk is good for helping with sleep. If I lay around doing nothing I will not be able to sleep @night. Happy about many good things going on and not being anemic and bleeding! This surgery is so far so good. I hopeful all feel the same about the surgery and life will always have some kind of obstacle that is part of living the bad vs the good, yin vs yang...lol. Have great day HysterSisters. Keep posting !
Unread 01-20-2011, 11:06 AM

I am 16 days post op LAVH. My job is being a therapist and I went back to work part time Tuesday, but I have a recliner in my office,so I can recline. The clients dont seem to mind and if I stayed out of work longer Id have gone loopy n then some.
Unread 01-20-2011, 11:30 AM

Tomorrow it will be two weeks since my TVH, TOT, A&P repair and periorrhaphy. I go for my post-op on Monday. I am also going nuts but what keeps me sane is knowing that I have four weeks to go. I have always worked out and maintained my figure, and I am adamant about NOT gaining any weight. I have actually lost weight, but since I have lost muscle mass, I don't think that is significant. Today for the first time I walked 2.5 mph on my tmill until my body said to stop. Tomorrow I have a pedi/mani and brow wax/tint to look forward to so that keeps me going. I would just push your creative side -- write thank you notes, if needed, do your research about healing after your surgery (I have learned a lot) and like everyone keeps telling me: "Enjoy the short down time you have before you return to the rote routine of errands, etc."
Unread 01-29-2011, 12:08 PM

Hi everybody. I am 13 days post TAH BOS. I have not been doing much since returning home on 24 Jan. Felt tired easily and been taking naps every now and then. I spent some time looking through the threads here. I managed to complete a little scrapbooking album for my best friend yesterday. Was tired after completing it but I felt great. I am so glad that I could sit down for a few hours to concentrate on that. I plan to do some thank you cards for my friends and colleagues who had showed me care and concern during this period of time. I also hope to get out of the house soon to take short walks. Was unable to do it these few days as my legs felt weak after standing for a while.
Unread 01-29-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire1snj View Post
If it was not for this site I would feel nuts. Thank goodness we are all nuts together! A bunch of mixed nuts..lol. Ok now I am done...
Mixed nuts ... So funny ... But I am really thankful for this site as it contains valuable info and wonderful support. It's 3.15am here in Singapore and I am up browsing thru this site. Woke up earlier to go toilet but decided to come online to this site instead of heading back to bed.
Unread 01-29-2011, 01:38 PM
starting to have pity parties

I am 3 weeks post op after TVH, POP, A&P repair and perineorrhaphy, and I am really getting sick of this entire recovery process. Yes, I felt great last week and walked too much, etc., AND THEN PAID FOR IT FOR THREE DAYS! So, Singapore, be careful. This web site has helped me so much! Check out the Forum section where you can click on which stage you are in the recovery process. I learned that you feel great, over do it, then pay for it for several days. This yo-yo syndrome is "part of the process" but it can be quite frustrating. In order to maintain my sanity, I wrote thank you cards; read a fantastic non-fiction book; and now I am currently watching a tv series downloaded from Netflix to my Bluray (try it if you have the equipment, because the "play now" shows are free). I have perused mags, watched movies, cooking shows, National Geo., etc., but eventually boredom is imminent. Your family resumes their active lifestyles without you, and that is when your patience is tested. I want MY active lifestyle back! I miss working out, having a social life and the unbridled freedom to make choices without the encumbrances of recuperation. This is my temporary reality until my body is ready to return to my pre-op lifestyle.
Unread 02-04-2011, 03:37 AM

Hi
Was reading your post this morning because I am four weeks post op today and starting to go a little stir crazy. I got lots of ideas from the other posters (thanks)
One thing I did when I was recovering from a previous surgery and forced to rest was get my DH to bring me down lots of old photo albums from the attic. I then scanned photos which were significant and loaded them onto my pc. I then transferred the images onto my electric photo frame. I would never have taken the time to do this under normal circumstances but it filled the time and it is lovely to see photos of my grandparents etc which were languishing in albums

Best wishes for your continued recovery

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register