Question about using vitamin E oil for incisional scar | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question about using vitamin E oil for incisional scar Question about using vitamin E oil for incisional scar

Unread 03-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Problems with incision but doing better now

sisters
my scar feels a lot like everyone elses mine is vertical so no matter what type of panties I try it touches which is very painful my incision burns inside and out I also have that very bloated belly problem and it caused to top of my incision to come open so I still have to keep that area taped up but the rest of it has healed and it is just a thin line it is also thick feeling
since this is my 4th time being cut in the same scar it doesn't look like some of ya'll that this is ya'lls first cut I do know that I wish I had known what a difference the stapels made and I would've had a choice in the other surgeries because this scar is so thin and almost unnoticable at all if it wasn't for the little holes that all my stapels left before it wouldn't even look like I've been cut open
so kudos to those of you who made the choice of no stapels and to those of us who had no choice thank God for scar cream and oils
I hear some of you talk about the oils you put on your scar... if you don't mind me asking what is it that ya'll think would be good to use
my husband is going tomorrow to get me some vitamin E oil so I can at least start applying it to my lower half of my scar I'm really hoping it helps...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Question about using vitamin E oil for incisional scar

I hate the pulling tugging sensation especially when going from sitting to standing or twisting. I can 'feel' my insides healing and the twinges...but all this is considerable better than the post op pain of 4 months ago. I am blessed, but that pull and twinge still halt me up sometimes
Unread 03-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Question about using vitamin E oil for incisional scar

My scar is much wider than I had expected and my Dr had also said he would use my old C section scar if he could. I guess he couldn't do that because my TAH scar is an inch above it - but still bikini line.
Healed incisions look like C-section scars. I thought I might have a zipper tattooed on mine when it has healed completely - just for a laugh! I wear my scars with pride - my sister taught me that. She has had 12 abdominal surgeries in 10 years and her stomach is criss crossed with scars. She says each one tells the world that she is a survivor!
I agree.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register