Tomorrow is my ablation consult | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tomorrow is my ablation consult Tomorrow is my ablation consult

Unread 11-09-2005, 03:03 PM
Tomorrow is my ablation consult

I have read so many of your stories of how ablation didn't work but I feel like I have to try it. My periods are insane. I know that I will have 3 gushes in a row on one day. I don't know when, could be day or night, but I know it WILL happen. September I was sitting here at work and the next thing I knew I was soaked, tampon, pad, underwear, and jeans. Cleaned up the best I could then 10 minutes later again. Then one more time that day. This month it was in the middle of the night. I got up and changed, luckily didn't get the sheets, 2 hours later I did it again this time I got everything soaked. I ran as fast as I could to the shower and jumped in. Then I had to pick up a clot the size of a tennis ball out of the drain Not counting all the clot on my tampon

I am hoping the ablation is an option. I want to do the Novasure. My research has led me to believe that is the safest method. I am hoping she could do the ablation before my next period. If it worked it would be an awesome Christmas present to myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2005, 09:46 PM

There is a support group for women who have had/are about to have/who are contemplating having endometrial ablations. I stumbled upon this group when doing research when my doctor gave me my options. If you wish, message me through yahoo at my group name and I will be more than happy to share this support group with you. They are a great bunch of ladies.
Unread 11-10-2005, 01:03 PM

I too found a great group of ladies that are contemplating EA. You can private message me as well for the addie.
As far as I can tell Novasure and HTA are the safest and most effective...from my own research that is,and in my opinion.
I was to have the HTA but ran into an unforseen problem which caused the DR. to puncture the top of my uterus. Don't let this scare you though please. It was strange circumstances.
Most of the women I have spoke with on this other site swear by their EA's and would do it again. But like with anything there are the ones it doesn't work for.
I say it's worth a shot...hyster will always be there later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2005, 01:04 PM

Dear Chikin:

Here is a website with info and message boards for ablation: http://p076.ezboard.com/bendometrialablationboard

Keep us posted on your progress. I hope you find the right answers at your doc appointment today. I am sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 11-14-2005, 08:43 AM

Well I had my consult appt. We decided on the Novasure. She said she would do tissue samples right before the ablation so I didn't have to have the endometrial bx in the office. She felt my uterus and said it felt "full". I asked exactly what that meant and she said she thinks my endometriosis is worsened and that my uterus is enlarged, but that Novasure works well for a large uterus. I have an Ultrasound this Friday to check on everything. She said if I had any fibroids she would remove them before the ablation since she does a hysteroscope right before.

Thanks to all of you guys and this board I had a clue what she was talking about LOL!
Unread 11-17-2005, 10:49 AM

All the best Big Chikin... hope it all goes well for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register