loosing it | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-06-2011, 08:40 AM
loosing it

I am scheduled for my abdominal hystorectomy (uterus & right ovary removal/adenomosis & endometriosis) for june 22nd. The last couple mths I've become forgetful, I mean really forgetful, even walking from one rm to the nxt. I'm 37 and I've had moments like this but this is almost insane like I'm loosing my mind. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm tired, no energy seems to be getting worse the last couple weeks I can't stop crying! I see a baby and I cry, I look at my daughter (15 now) and I tell her how beautiful she is..and I cry.

The forgetfullness though has me crying more and more. Effecting my business, my home, my life is this normal??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Re: loosing it

I'm also scheduled for 6/22. A cystoscopy, ureteral stent placment; laparoscopy-supracervical hysterectomy with sacrocolpopexy. I am also forgetful, dropping things, crying all the time, bringing up things from the past. Am I'm a 59 post-meno woman. Feel as if I'm losing my little nest. Afterall it was where our babies took form. And losing my mind. At least it is comforting to know other women are feeling this way..
Unread 06-06-2011, 09:32 AM

You sound just like me! I'm 38 and have a 16 yr old daughter. (tried for 14 yrs to have another) I feel like I'm gonna lose my mind. I am making list to do things. I can't focus on anything. I have to write it down or I won't remember? I think it's because of the major change coming in our lives! I cry evey other day I have 6 more weeks to go Hang in there! We will soon be on the other side and wonder why we worried so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2011, 09:39 AM
loosing it

Yes dropping things! That is me as well...thank you for your comforting words.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by lthom123 View Post
I'm also scheduled for 6/22. A cystoscopy, ureteral stent placment; laparoscopy-supracervical hysterectomy with sacrocolpopexy. I am also forgetful, dropping things, crying all the time, bringing up things from the past. Am I'm a 59 post-meno woman. Feel as if I'm losing my little nest. Afterall it was where our babies took form. And losing my mind. At least it is comforting to know other women are feeling this way..
Unread 06-06-2011, 09:55 AM

I hope this doesnt sound simple but allow yourself to feel whatever feelings you have and dont try to push those feelings away. The more you push the bad feelings the more intense they feel. I know it sounds crazy but it is true. Face those feelings head on. I have one daughter and we only planned on one and after my hysterectomy, I felt this huge sense of loss but I didnt make this decision lightly. Trust yourself and know you are storng women!!!

Hugs,
jenn
Unread 06-06-2011, 01:11 PM

I agree with Jenn that it's okay to let our feelings out....not to mention I'm so happy to know I'm not the only one losing it! My mind is all over the place and the last thing I want to do right now is sit here at work. I haven't really been emotional, just can't seem to focus on anything of importance. I'd much rather be at the house working on my flowers or finishing up some of my small renovations. All the things I'll be looking at for 6-8weeks!
Unread 06-06-2011, 01:16 PM

Stress can cause so many of these symptoms. It can be stress from the anxiety of surgery or a multitude of things. I locked my keys in my car 3 times in 1 month. Once the engine was actually running. I'd trip over things, find myself spacing out and staring off at nothing, and wanting to sleep all the time.

My body did all of that too when my thyroid was low.

Hang in there, ladies. It gets better! {{{Hugs}}}
Unread 06-06-2011, 01:16 PM
loosing it

Believe me I have no problems in giving in to my feelings, unfortunatley it seems all the time. I'm in agreement I cant focus much either, and worried about all the things I want t be done around the house done before I go in for surgery...unfortunatley when I am (which is more often then should be with all the discomfort and more frequent pain) I have no energy good luck to all, love, light & compassion. Be well.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by gacki View Post
I agree with Jenn that it's okay to let our feelings out....not to mention I'm so happy to know I'm not the only one losing it! My mind is all over the place and the last thing I want to do right now is sit here at work. I haven't really been emotional, just can't seem to focus on anything of importance. I'd much rather be at the house working on my flowers or finishing up some of my small renovations. All the things I'll be looking at for 6-8weeks!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register