dVH/RALH In need of advice | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

In need of advice In need of advice

Unread 09-27-2013, 06:15 PM
In need of advice

My hysterectomy was done on 9/13. I still have my cervix and right ovary. I thought I was getting better. Urinating is still painful....not like a UTI, but I inside. It also seems as if I can't empty my bladder. I will go and think I'm finished but If I continue to sit more urine comes out. My surgery was rather extensive, as I had adhesions which connected my uterus to my abdominal wall and inner organs.
My abdomen is killing me today. I have also noticed that occasionally my ankles swell. Is anyone else having these problems?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2013, 05:19 AM
Re: In need of advice

I too had the weird bladder feelings. It was just like you described. I am 7 weeks post op and my bladder started behaving normal a couple of days ago. I think our bladders get irritated from the catheter they put in during surgery. If you feel any burning and urgency to go every few minutes, you should let your doc know to rule out a uti. As to the pain, you might be doing too much. But you should check in with the dr if it continues . You need to rest a lot so you can heal. If you do too much you are going to feel some pain and twinges and ouchies. Sending healing hugs!!
Unread 09-28-2013, 07:40 AM

THANK YOU!!! My recovery so far has been very painful, at one point I regretted having the surgery done. I feel worse now than I did in the first few days after the surgery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2013, 09:08 AM

Are you taking pain meds? Your doc should have prescribed some for you right after surgery. Lots of rest and taking your meds should help control the pain. If you still have a lot of pain after taking your meds and resting, don't be afraid to call your dr. You had major surgery so you need to rest and let your body heal. Hoping you feel better soon!!
Unread 09-28-2013, 09:25 AM

I have Interstitial Cystitis and urinary rentention (poor urine stream, hesistancy to start, trouble emptying) but my bladder pain got better after the surgery. Rule out a UTI. If it's not a UTI, they can do what is called a urethral dialation. It sounds really painful but isn't, but that has always helped me empty. Ask your doctor for Pyridium or Uribel to get rid of that burning pain. I take Uribel. It's an antiseptic and it turns my urine blue but works wonderfully.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register