Help out a sister | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help out a sister Help out a sister

Unread 04-14-2004, 10:24 AM
Help out a sister

Today is my first day on this website. I will be having a Total Hysterectomy on May 3rd. The Dr. is not sure whether we will be keeping one ovary or if they both have to go. I feel helpless because I don't know all the questions to ask, I'm in pain, and didn't even think of what will happen to me Post-Op. Does anyone have a handy-dandy checklist of things to ask, or things to think about? I have heard of Hormone Replacement Therapy but didn't realize there were so many types. Above all, I feel too young to be going through this. Most people (friends) call me lucky. Well, some days I feel lucky (especially when the pain is soooo strong). Other days I'm just scared.

Thanks for your support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2004, 10:32 AM
WELCOME

You've come to the right place for advice and support. Everyone here is GREAT! I have learned so much in the last few short weeks. There is so much information that will help...I am pre op so don't have much advice about what post op will be like but go to the FAQ section and you will find lots of information.
Unread 04-14-2004, 10:34 AM
Help out a sister

Hi sister - welcome! You will absolutely love it here! This is a network of the most caring, non-judgmental women I've ever been a part of. I am scheduled for a TAH/LSO on April 27 (13 days and counting!) and I'm confused most of the time too about my feelings.
I know there is a list of questions on here, but I'm not sure where it is - hopefully someone will be able to tell you.
Just enjoy browing the site and PM me if you ever want to chat. Hang in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2004, 10:35 AM
Help out a sister

People say you are lucky because they don't know what else to say. I had the same thing when they found my breast cancer last year. I didn't feel lucky then and I don't feel lucky now. I do realize that a lot of people have gone through much worse things, but that doesn't take away from your fear.

This is a great place to start. I've only been on the site a couple of times but have gathered so much information and support that I feel more prepared. I'm still scared and not looking forward to going in the hospital again for more surgery, but at least I know that I can do this and eventually all will be better. My boss (a terrific man) gave me a great piece of advice. It's all a process. Just take it one step at a time. One day you'll wake up and it will all be behind you.

I have finished most of my reconstruction since my mastectomy and am sometimes amazed at how "simple" the process was. I had a terrific team of doctors and my wonderful family and friends. I feel just as confident in this team and that is a blessing some take for granted.

Keep reading the great messages on this site. you'll do great. Women are strong...that's why men don't have to have these.
Unread 04-14-2004, 10:38 AM
Help out a sister

You are in the right place. I know it is difficult, I feel pretty young too, but as I am seeing 38 is really not that young for a hyster.There are many on this group that are far younger and have not been blest with any children.
If you go to the main page, on the left, you will see there are pre -op articles. Lots of info there. Comming here and asking questions and reading those articles has really helped me a lot.
Take care,
Carrie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register