Urodyn. test - strange problem! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Urodyn. test - strange problem! Urodyn. test - strange problem!

Unread 07-07-2003, 09:02 PM
Urodyn. test - strange problem!

I went today for my urodynamics test. Everything was going okay until about 10 minutes into it when I started getting woozy and nauseous. Then I got hot and sweaty and my hands were tingling. The tech said this happens (once in a while, not often) and that it was a vagus response?? where your blood pressure lowers. She took out the cath and gave me a cool cloth for my head and a cold drink of water. I felt better after about 5 minutes and we continued the test without a hitch.

I haven't heard of any other persons with a reaction like that. Anyone else had it?

Anyways, she said I definitely have the potential for incontinence after my surgery so I guess the doc will have to fix that also while he's in there. I will see him in two weeks for the detailed explanation.

In the meantime, thanks for listening and for all your support.

Caroline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2003, 09:58 PM
Re: Test

Hi Caroline,
Just had a quick question. Sorry--I am totally new to all this hysterectomy terminology stuff! but what is this test you went in for today?? I need a TAH/BSO and cervix out too. Do they do this kind of testing on everyone that has a hyst I wonder?? My blood pressure tends to be weird anyways, supper high one min. then fine the next. So I take Clonidine for high blood pressure because it jumps so sky high. The one time I went to go see my doc. for my a physical, I was actually reading my bible and very peaceful when she came in the room. My b/p was 165/112 My goodness I thought she was going to have a heart attack herself ..... So sorry to ramble, but I was just curious. Best of luck to you, and let us know how you are doing...

Unread 07-07-2003, 10:08 PM

Hi Caroline, When I had mine the same thing happened!I thought I was the odd one but the tech assured me it happens sometimes.My bloodsugar took a dive and I passed out.It really scared me.I thought I was doing fine,then all of a sudden it was like I went into a stare and my head felt woozy the room started moving around and the next thing I knew I was laying down with a cool rag on my forehead.I felt so embarrassed!The tech said stress can cause that and even though I thought I wasn't under stress looking back I had to do the test while I was on my period so I was VERY selfconscious.They kept telling me it was nothing they hadn't seen before but I am so modest and shy I am surprised I didn't have a Heart Attack!!LOL I can smile about it now but at the time it was anything but funny!!I will be 8 weeks post op this Friday from a Total Hysterectomy,Bladder Sling and Retrocele repair.I can honestly said I feel better now than I have in 10 years.I am so happy I had the surgery and feel so much better now.I wish you all the luck in the world with your surgery and send you a Blessings To You!! Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2003, 06:08 AM

Angel- I had the test due to prolapse. They were testing to see if, when they do surgery and put the bladder back where it is supposed to be, it will make me incontinent. I don't think they do it for just a hyster. Its done for a specific purpose.

Birdz - Its good to know I'm not the only one this happened to. How bad was your prolapse? Mine is: uterus about a 2 on a four scale, cystocele (?grade) and the rectocele, although I don't have a number, is very visible at the vaginal entrance (not falling out yet). I will have a TVH and A/P repair probably first week of October. I'm going away in Sept. to Arizona for a week so waiting til I come Back.

Let me know how your surgery was!

Thanks, both of you, for your interest.

Caroline
Unread 07-08-2003, 03:41 PM

I will be having the urodynamics test in August. sort of dreading it; but I hear it is NOT painful. Just a little uncomfortable.

Will be having my LAVH sometime in September due to uterine prolapse 2nd degree. Will need cyctocele and rectocele repair.

Hope all of this is worth it.

Keep in touch.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register