Just back from my pre op...happy me! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just back from my pre op...happy me! Just back from my pre op...happy me!

Unread 06-15-2006, 12:12 PM
Just back from my pre op...happy me!

Well, I had my list of questions in hand and all went very well. Heres a little rundown...

He will be doing the abdomnal incision. Removing uterus and right ovary. The cervix has got to go. He confirmed it. So, there I went debating for nothing. My history is just too sketchy. He wil be doing abladder tack and a vaginal cuff. He will also be sewing up the cavity that is located in my Pouch of Douglas (I have no idea who Douglas is or why he chose to leave his pouch in my abdomen, but it has a hole in it!)
The HAPPY news is that he is not going anywhere near my bowels. I thought the cavity was closer to my rectum than it actually is. I had horrible nightmares about waking up with a permanent colostomy bag. He reassured me, no colostomy bag for me! And get this ladies....I don't have to do a bowel prep! How happy am I? This happy :woot:

I can't do my tests at the hospital until Saturday...and, oh, look at that...thats the only day my MIL will be in town. How happy am I? Refer to above smilies!

They had me sign a bunch of stuff with the official names of stuff on it so I had to change my signature.
I will be going under general anesthesia (great for me as some of you may know, I have had HORRIBLE experiences with spinal/epidurals). He will laser off the remaining endo off the left ovary and we will treat it from here on out.
He was very honest with me and told me this was not a cure, I would still "cycle" with ovulation and would need to treat the remaining endo, if it comes back. But, he said I will feel 95% better...well, his exact words were, it will take care of 95% of the problem. BRING IT ON!!!
Thanks so much for listening and caring! You guys have been the greatest!
Well, testing on Saturday, Father's day on Sunday, Panic attack on Monday and then,,,
My surgery is not until 1:30 though and that kinda stinks, but oh well...did I mention no bowel prep? Yipee!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2006, 12:15 PM

Sounds like your appointment went well!!

YAY for the no bowel prep. I am SOOOO hoping I won't have to have one either!!!

Beth
Unread 06-15-2006, 12:15 PM

NO panic attacks hehe. You will do wonderfully, just remember your sisters are here. even if you write silly stuff out of nerves
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2006, 12:21 PM

Awesome Girl!!!!! You Go Girl.. You Go Girl...

That is some great news and glad you are feeling fine about too!!!

I didnt have to have bowel prep either, and I was glad... the only thing I had to do to prep was not eat or drink after midnight... who could anyways when you had that on your mind.

That was the same reason they had to take my cervix was for past problems.. it had to go.. so I said adios!!

Looks like you got a great explanation and covered all bases too. I was also glad to be put under.. I do not like shots that I cannot see.... makes me sick to think about it.

Good luck! Big hugs for a great recovery!!!

Lily
Unread 06-15-2006, 12:31 PM

Thanks ladies!

I knew Id get some hurrays from you!
I am definitely in a much better state than I was 5 days ago!

Love to all!
Theresa
Unread 06-15-2006, 12:39 PM

Awesome! I was laughing reading your post! You are funny!
Have a GREAt weekend and good luck with the surgery!
Unread 06-15-2006, 01:14 PM

You mean to tell me your endo will probably return!!! How is he going to treat it?????
Unread 06-15-2006, 01:41 PM

Good for you!!! I love ready your posts, I ALWAYS get a kick out of them. As for the no bowel prep, you lucky *****!!! haha I just found out that I WILL have to do one, not looking forward to that. I had to do one when I had my colonoscopy a few years back!!YUK Oh well, the end result is what we are all after. I do hope everything goes smoothly for you and you are back to your humorous self in no time, we need the smiles!!! Take care
Unread 06-15-2006, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinendo
You mean to tell me your endo will probably return!!! How is he going to treat it?????
I have endo on the ovary he will be leaving in. He will treat it during surgery using lasers to zap it. (thats a medical term, I think, hee hee) Then, we will try out different meds, like BC pills to keep it from returning or gettiing out of control. I haven't been there yet, so I can't say exactly. But he did say it may return. HOWEVER, once the major surgery on Tuesday is over...any problems henceforth can be treated with meds or maybe a minor lapro procedure...which I have been through before, so no worries there.
Its going to be okay, get yourself some info...actually, get yourself alot of info and we will listen to you as you try to decide. Read the other boards (post op, Ovaries only, etc.) you can't post on some of them, but you can read about other ladies experiences.
You will be fine, and I send my prayers.
Unread 06-15-2006, 01:54 PM

Glad to hear your pre-op went well. Especially the part of "No bowel prep". My pre-op is on Friday. Hope I hear the same. Don't want to spend my last day in the john.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register