10 weeks - stinging as if I've got a hundred bee stings! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 weeks - stinging as if I've got a hundred bee stings! 10 weeks - stinging as if I've got a hundred bee stings!

Unread 10-14-2010, 12:30 PM
10 weeks - stinging as if I've got a hundred bee stings!

Hi ladies,

I am 10 weeks post TAH/BSO and while I have seen a definite improvement in my recovery, I am still suffering with really unpleasant stinging sensations especially towards the end of the day.

I've had a very slow, gentle recovery following complications needing more surgery in the early days, so I was in bed for 4 weeks, in pyjamas until 5 weeks, didn't drive until 7 weeks, sex at 8 weeks...and increased walking, light activity, swimming (from 8 weeks) all very carefully.

BUT, at 10 weeks;
1. I cannot get past about 3 or 4pm without feeling totally exhausted
2. I can't sit in an upright chair for longer than about an hour before being in pain (so can't go back to work)
3. I finish most days with this horrid stinging sensations, like lots of little jabs all around my incision.

I don't think this warrants seeing the doctor (and don't think he would do anything about it) - I just want to know if it's normal!! Does anyone else have hundreds of 'bee stings' in their belly??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Re: 10 weeks - stinging as if I've got a hundred bee stings!

Hi Ripple!
I don't have the same symptoms as you, but I just wanted you to know that I am also around the 10 week mark and still having issues.
I was also very slow recovering. I still haven't returned to work or even had sex yet!
As a matter of fact< i just got home from a Gyno appt a couple of hours ago. My problem is a feeling of something stuck in the vagina. Feels kinda like a ping pong ball is stuck in there When I start feeling it, I need to lay down in order for it to go away. If I ignore it, it goes from just being uncomfortbale to being painful.
I was really hoping that at 10 weeks post-op, I would be feeling pretty great. Instead it's like something new is beginning.
Just wanted to let you know you are not alone and my Dr said some ladies just take a lot longer to heal. (((HUGS)))
Unread 10-14-2010, 02:03 PM

I had the bee stings! And that is exactly what I called them too. It was usually later in the day. But mine were around week 3 or 4. They eventually stopped coming, but I think I had them for around 10 days. I have no idea what caused the sensation, but assumed it was part of the healing process- nerve endings or something. I would like to know what that was too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2010, 05:14 PM

I didn't get the bee stings healing with the TAH. However I had earlier surgeries that had a thousand mosquito bite feeling. I asked my surgeon and he said it was part of the healing process and it would get better. It did. I was the same week as you and still get tired some days and need a little extra rest. The TAH was my 3rd surgery of the year. I think we both are feeling the stress still from the surgeries. Hope you get to feeling better soon Ripple.
Unread 10-14-2010, 06:06 PM

Ripple,
Did you doctor approve sex at 8 weeks? Maybe you over did it? Hugs and hope you are feeling better soon.
Unread 10-14-2010, 08:32 PM

I still have bee sting sensations at either end of my incision, around the hip bones...and still have really sore areas in the middle of my belly...I am almost 4months post op...
Unread 10-14-2010, 09:14 PM

The bee stings or zingers like I call em are caused by nerve endings trying to reconnect..2.5 years after a tummy tuck I still somtimes get zingers
Unread 10-15-2010, 06:50 AM

thanks for all your replies - it's why I love this site.

I know it's normal, and it doesn't worry me, I think sometimes I just need to whinge and know I'm not alone. It makes all the difference to how I feel emotionally.

Bvi - sorry to hear about the ping pong ball stuck in your bits, that's worse than bee stings! At least it goes if you rest. But it's still not nice and I for one get fed up with these remnants of healing.

Chanel, I was cleared for sex just before 7 weeks but waited until 8 weeks, for a more spontaneous approach rather than just because I'd got the green light! I've not had any problems, pain or dryness with sex and my bee stings don't get worse afterwards.

I think the stinging is worse after sitting upright for any length of time and although I'm not back at work yet, it won't be much longer, and even the thought of sitting at my desk makes me wince.

All through this I've thought if I'd had a crystal ball to see when certain stages will end, I would have found them a lot easier to handle at the time!

I'm hurting today, sore and stinging and want to stay reclining on my bed with my laptop. But the school run calls and then it's busy chaos for the next few hours after that. Off I go...
Unread 10-18-2010, 09:57 AM

I just got out of my 6 week check up and the doctor confirmed that the bee stings are healing nerves and are completely normal. Someone already mentioned this, but I just wanted to mention the confirmation from the doctor.
Unread 10-18-2010, 10:27 AM

Artsy-chick,

Thanks for the information. That one question I don't have to ask the doctor tomorrow!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register