Knifelike pain in pelvis when passing BM-9dayPO | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Knifelike pain in pelvis when passing BM-9dayPO Knifelike pain in pelvis when passing BM-9dayPO

Unread 10-15-2009, 06:04 PM
Knifelike pain in pelvis when passing BM-9dayPO

I have just started to have BMs. Very painful as they move down and out. Can anyone relate?

9 days Post Op
LSH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Re: Knifelike pain in pelvis when passing BM-9dayPO

Yes they were very painful for me for about the first 2 weeks. They got a little better each day. If you see new blood or the pain doesn't go away you might want to call the doctor but I can tell you for me, the gas pains from that where the worst part of healing for me. Sounds normal. Sorry you are in pain though!
Unread 10-15-2009, 08:28 PM

Yes, this is very normal and it'll get better in a couple of weeks. You may want to try moistened toilettes, they help a little. But, stock up on the Gas-X. Long after the bm pain goes away, the gas pain will be around.

Also, you may want to start on probiotics, if you are not on any now. They'll regulate your bms within a couple weeks. By week 3, I could set my watch to my bms. It was wonderful!!!!

Hugs!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2009, 08:38 PM

I am one week out and I have found that a stool softener NOT a laxative helps a lot with this pain. Also I eat 2 containers of Activea Yogurt everyday. SOS is right the gas pains seem to be worse for me too Hang in there everyone I have talked to says this was the best decision they ever made and when they were healed they never felt better.
Unread 10-15-2009, 08:57 PM

Oh God yes-4 days PO (TAH, BSO) 1st BM-pain lasted 5 hours and I kept going and going (sorry for the details) with sharp pains with each spasm. It was so painful I kept crying out like I was giving birth. I thought maybe it had to do with the fact that the doctor had me do a bowel prep the day before surgery. Or from the fact that he spent over 4 hours taking out 80+ (I wish I was kidding) fibroids and moving my intestines out of the way.
Unread 10-18-2009, 03:37 PM

Wow, thanks girls, I was hoping this gas travel and bm journey pain was normal, although I would have prefered skipping it. I would give myself a 9 on the pain scale listed here on hystersisters post-op WK 1-2. Number 10 is unconsious.
Thanks for all your advice and support.
Unread 10-18-2009, 03:59 PM

Yes d*****atelly, I just had one this morning and it totally reminded me of labour!!!! it was so bad.
Unread 10-18-2009, 04:05 PM

Just my opinion, but be VERY careful when having a BM and do not force it out, although you feel like you just have to get it out. If you sit to go, and it won't come out, get up, and try again later. I just underwent a hemmerhoidectomy and anal spinchterotomy in December. I had a hemmerhoid AND an anal fissure, and dealt with the pain of it for THREE years before contacting a surgeon to take care of it. Every bm felt like I was eliminating razor blades and then my anus would spasm for up to two hours. It was sheer agony for three years any time I had a bm. These are caused from forcing out a hard stool, it can cause little tears and if they dont repair themselves before the next bm, it just exacerbates the problem. Since healing from the surgery, I am pain free, but I will never force a bm again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register