Sore when sitting down - one week out from Total DAVH and BSO | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sore when sitting down - one week out from Total DAVH and BSO Sore when sitting down - one week out from Total DAVH and BSO

Unread 01-13-2016, 12:03 PM
Sore when sitting down - one week out from Total DAVH and BSO

Anyone having soreness down there when sitting? It really only showed up the past few days while I sit on my couch.

Maybe it's bc all the work extends down there, don't know, but it's a bit sore .

I also have cut back a lot on my pain meds and could be it was sore but I didn't feel it til now.

Just wondering if any y'all are having similar soreness? Thanks, Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2016, 03:08 PM
Re: Sore when sitting down - one week out from Total DAVH and BSO

Vaginal and even rectal pain is really common during the healing process. I'm not sure if that is what you mean when you say "down there" or not.

Make sure you are following your doctor's orders - resting, no lifting/pushing/pulling/bending. And while discontinuing narcotic pain killers is good - you may want to continue to take ibuprofen to help control the inflammation, which can cause pain and pressure.
Unread 01-13-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy Lee View Post
Vaginal and even rectal pain is really common during the healing process. I'm not sure if that is what you mean when you say "down there" or not.

Make sure you are following your doctor's orders - resting, no lifting/pushing/pulling/bending. And while discontinuing narcotic pain killers is good - you may want to continue to take ibuprofen to help control the inflammation, which can cause pain and pressure.
Hey Mindy, yep, I mean vaginal soreness ... I am still taking ibuprofen even tho I've cut back Percocet. I may have done a little too much bending ... It's hard to say. I've been taking it easy for the most part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2016, 04:15 PM

Friday, January 8th - surgery date (complete hysterectomy)

Yes, I'm 5 days after surgery and have the same feeling you do. I have some pain, but more of a pressure feeling. The first three days were easy peasy. I'm finding out for myself, that the last two days have been a challenge.
Hot flashes come and go. I had little hot flashes the last two years but the night sweats are horrible. I encountered three of them last night. I do NOT enjoy these at all. I have two more weeks till my three week post-op checkup. Going to talk HRT.
Unread 01-13-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowprincess74 View Post
Anyone having soreness down there when sitting? It really only showed up the past few days while I sit on my couch.

Maybe it's bc all the work extends down there, don't know, but it's a bit sore .

I also have cut back a lot on my pain meds and could be it was sore but I didn't feel it til now.

Just wondering if any y'all are having similar soreness? Thanks, Kim
Yes it's totally normal to be sore while sitting on your tender post-op pelvis. Getting up frequently and doing some light walking (even just to the kitchen) or GENTLE stretches can help sore backs. Also Advil (Ibuprofen) tends to help muscular pain and swelling more than Tylenol. Check with your doctor first to see if you can take it safely, not everyone can. Also make sure you are having soft, daily bowel movements. This can also make your lower back sore if you aren't going frequently enough or stools are too hard. Get well soon!
Unread 01-13-2016, 05:27 PM

Hi Snow Princess!
I'm from the November 16 - 22 Forum and saw your question.
I had my 8 week final exam today with my surgeon and had a LAVH with BSO.
I felt like I had a big marble "down there" and spent many hours leaning against the end of the sofa watching tv and reading. I'm thinking it did go away about week 4.
Yours will go away too.
He told me it was vaginal swelling from pulling the uterus, ovaries and large fibroids out of the vagina. Call your surgeon's nurse if it's a real problem. My surgeon just told me today that I had a tear during surgery which they had to repair. (Gee thanks for telling me now.)
You will get your life back- I promise!
Hugs to you and your fellow Hystersisters.
Unread 01-13-2016, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandywine Lady View Post
Hi Snow Princess!
I'm from the November 16 - 22 Forum and saw your question.
I had my 8 week final exam today with my surgeon and had a LAVH with BSO.
I felt like I had a big marble "down there" and spent many hours leaning against the end of the sofa watching tv and reading. I'm thinking it did go away about week 4.
Yours will go away too.
He told me it was vaginal swelling from pulling the uterus, ovaries and large fibroids out of the vagina. Call your surgeon's nurse if it's a real problem. My surgeon just told me today that I had a tear during surgery which they had to repair. (Gee thanks for telling me now.)
You will get your life back- I promise!
Hugs to you and your fellow Hystersisters.
Hey there Brandywine,
I think my surgery wouldn't have involved taking anything out through my vagina since it was done Davinci lap in 4 stomach incisions so not sure where my soreness would be from.

Maybe it's the vaginal cuff??? Not sure. I go in for my two week post op next Tuesday but May just give my nurse a call tomorrow and ask.

Thanks
Unread 01-13-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann35powers View Post
Friday, January 8th - surgery date (complete hysterectomy)

Yes, I'm 5 days after surgery and have the same feeling you do. I have some pain, but more of a pressure feeling. The first three days were easy peasy. I'm finding out for myself, that the last two days have been a challenge.
Hot flashes come and go. I had little hot flashes the last two years but the night sweats are horrible. I encountered three of them last night. I do NOT enjoy these at all. I have two more weeks till my three week post-op checkup. Going to talk HRT.
Hi ,

Yeah it's kinda like pressure but sore too. I've had a sharp jab here and there but nothing over the top.
May call my nurse tomorrow to see what it could be. I'm sure it's just normal healing process. The past three days I haven't spotted at all... Weird.
I've had chills and hot flashes but I've also been running a fever so it's been hard to tell if it's menopausal or this infection. They put me on a penicillin yesterday - sent off a urine sample - thinking I have a bladder infection too... Ughhh.
I started on a low does of estrogen last Sunday but think i will change to natural bio identical soon.
Unread 01-13-2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K33 View Post
Yes it's totally normal to be sore while sitting on your tender post-op pelvis. Getting up frequently and doing some light walking (even just to the kitchen) or GENTLE stretches can help sore backs. Also Advil (Ibuprofen) tends to help muscular pain and swelling more than Tylenol. Check with your doctor first to see if you can take it safely, not everyone can. Also make sure you are having soft, daily bowel movements. This can also make your lower back sore if you aren't going frequently enough or stools are too hard. Get well soon!
I'm walking more than I did last week and had my first normal bm yesterday and another today, so that's good. Had a rough weekend and took too many stool softeners & laxatives - ended up puking and with the runs 😱
I am taking ibuprofen, my nurse told me it's fine- I take Duexis- it is a higher dose of ibuprofen but is enteric coated as to not upset your tummy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register