About Nausea | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-27-2008, 06:49 PM
About Nausea

Let me start out saying I have to take lisinopril and hydrochlorot for high blood pressure, requip for restless leg syndrome (pre-existing conditions before the Hyst.), iron pills for enemia and have recently added stool softeners in the past two days. I am not taking any pain meds of any sort. But I have noticed that when I go to bed and I take my requip and other iron pill (have to take 2 a day and spaced out) and my stool softener I get really sick to my sick. I mean I have to prevent myself from heading to the bathroom. Hate being sick in that way. Is it the combination, and I need to space them out more or could it be the stool softeners. It says on the box of the softeners not to use: WHEN ABDOMINAL PAIN, NAUSEA OR VOMTING ARE PRESENT. I really didn't have this problem until I started taking the stool softeners. What do you think?? I mean I know I should get my Dr. opinion but thought maybe somebody on here could put some light on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2008, 07:00 PM
About Nausea

You should try nibbling a few Saltines and take your meds with a glass of milk. These two tricks work wonders for my medication-induced nausea. You should also avoid taking them right before you go horizontal if it's possible. If you have the slightest weakness in your esophogeal sphincter (the part of your stomach that closes off the contents from your throat) it could be causing more problems.

Pineapple juice also helps my nausea, for some weird reason.

Let me know if these work for you. Good luck!
Unread 07-28-2008, 12:14 AM
About Nausea

Hi Aware,

I had terrible problems with nausea post op and was put on medication after I was hospitalized post op for dehydration due to the vomiting.

What worked best for me was fresh ginger. The same type you get when you order sushi.

It worked like a charm.

I really hope you feel better soon love!

Hugs,
Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2008, 02:26 AM
About Nausea

My doctor prescribed Zofran & Phenergan for my nausea & spontaneous vomiting. It worked so well, perhaps you could call your Doc for a prescription?!

I hope that something works for you very soon, nausea is the worst!
Unread 07-28-2008, 06:59 AM
About Nausea

Freezy, what a great idea about the ginger! I totally forgot that ginger ale is another good cure for nausea.

My DH swears by flat Coke, though I can't stand the syrupy sweetness without carbonation.
Unread 07-28-2008, 07:47 AM
About Nausea

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirForceVet2003
You should try nibbling a few Saltines and take your meds with a glass of milk. These two tricks work wonders for my medication-induced nausea. You should also avoid taking them right before you go horizontal if it's possible. If you have the slightest weakness in your esophogeal sphincter (the part of your stomach that closes off the contents from your throat) it could be causing more problems.

Pineapple juice also helps my nausea, for some weird reason.

Let me know if these work for you. Good luck!
Thank you for the suggestion, I waited before I went to bed after I took the meds. and it helped. No nausea last night, I will have to remember to keep doing this, I hate the feeling of being sick to my stomache.
Unread 07-28-2008, 08:05 AM
About Nausea

I keep crystalized (candied) ginger with me at all times--it works really well and no side effects!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register