Anyone else sorry that she had a hysterectomy? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else sorry that she had a hysterectomy? Anyone else sorry that she had a hysterectomy?

Unread 04-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Anyone else sorry that she had a hysterectomy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat1426
Ooh Girls,
Im sitting here reading all your posts, and feeling so sad. I know what each of you are going thru, as i am in the same boat, with the Hormone issues, sex issues, Pain issues, and regretting my descision on the whole Surgery deal. I wanted to start a post about regretting it, but didnt wan't to cause anyone to be scared or mad. But now that i know that im not the only one thats not feeling like this new person, i dont feel so alone.
they say time, time time!!! and as i am only 8 weeks out, i will have to just wait & see if things get better. I think we all are so used to doing for everyone, we try & rush the Healing, although it's pretty discouraging when you fell like your going in reverse as far as the healing & feeling better goes. i am so glad we have this forum, Just reading all the things we go thru has made me feel better many many difficult days!!! hopefully soon we will all be going down the path to Health & healing!!

See, you are not alone. You have all of us, and we know what you are going through. For today, it was celebrating my first anniversary after the surgery. I didn't have an easy recovery. But everyone is different. It just took longer for me. My dr. said it would take a month. It took 7 months. Now my main issues are the moodiness and total feelings of sadness. I feel like crying all the time, for no reason. The other issue I'm dealing with is sex. It's just not as good anymore, even with plenty of lubrication. I also really don't get in the mood that often either. It's now a more of a take it or leave it type of thing for me. Good thing I don't have a boyfriend or significant other at this time. My scar is starting to fade, finally. There are parts of it I can barely see. Just know that when you aren't feeling good or need to talk, there is always someone on this board here for you. There was a time when most of us were in the stage of recovery you are now. I can't take HRT, and that is the pits. But I've learned to live without it. Can't say I'm happy, but that's the way it has to be. If you ever want to chat, I'll gladly give you my email address. Just let me know if you want it.

Hang in there, and HUGS!!!!!
Robin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2008, 05:49 AM
No regrets

Yesterday was one year since I had my VH. It is the best thing I ever did in my life. Everything worksjust the way it should. Hang in there.
Unread 04-24-2008, 06:38 AM

DownyOcean I am sorry you are feeling so yuky I am only a couple weeks post op, and we will see what happens.... As for your husband...like some of the other girls said...guys really sometimes don't have a way with words. I too, would go to him in a kind way and tell him, not you did this or that but "I feel" so sad about what was said......or I am having such a hard time with this whole thing. Being married for 40 years is a great thing these days and let me tell, it is no better any where else, just different! You are in a certain "season" in your marriage right now, maybe winter, but after winter will come "spring" again. Marriage is hard work but why throw 40 years away! Guys deal with things differently too, so....maybe this is how your hubby is dealing with it. Guys want to "fix" things and he has no control over this so he reacts instead of responding. We are here for you sister! I will be praying for you! Prayer works!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2008, 08:26 AM

downeyocean

I am sorry for what you are going through. I don't regret my hyster now, but there were times when I did. Especially when I wasn't getting support from home. As far as your dh, as others have said, maybe you should sit down and have a heart to heart with him about how you feel, and then ask him how he feels. Really listen to each other. Then decide from there whether you think this is something you can work out on your own. If not, consider marriage counseling. Forty years is a long time. I think often times, since we are the ones that are physically and emotionally going through the things we go through after a hyster, we tend to forget that our hubbies may be going through certain emotions as well. Sometimes I think they just want their feelings acknowleged, but feel they aren't, because it's all about us. As much as tending to your marriage is important, it is also important to tend to yourself. I pray that everything works out for you. Take care!!
Unread 04-24-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Well why are you in so much pain? You need another doc to find out!
  Quote:
Yes, I agree with Kathleen. Find out what is causing your pain, Mich.
Perhaps, my post was confusing. I DO know why I am in pain and my doctor knows also. There are some very concrete, obvious causes and there are others that are highly suspected but would require additional surgery to confirm. None of these things would have been fixed by the hysterectomy, unfortunately. It took care of the heavy bleeding, anemia, and some of the pain and made some things a lot better. But, my body "betrayed me" as someone else said and decided that it would respond by causing problems elsewhere in the pelvis.

I don't regret the hysterectomy, I knew it was coming for 10 years. I think that's part of the problem. I had 10 years of "waiting" thinking that one day I'd have that hysterectomy and the pain would all be over and life would be sweet. It didn't work out that way, but I've come to accept that now and I'll just have to continue on until all is taken care of. I have every hope that I'll get there soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register