So Bored! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-01-2009, 11:14 AM
So Bored!

Hello..had TAH on Nov 25th..got out of hospital 4 days later..pain was rough first 3 days..was much better when they finally gave me pills..had bladder sling put in as well..don't know when i have to go now..just go every hour or as soon as i get up..feeling great now..pain pills every 6 to 8 hrs..easier to get out of bed..my 9 yr old son is my help..he is awesome..i got a whole bunch of one dollar bills b4 i came home..they work awesome for housework and hot pockets! he even walks to store for gatorade with the walkie talkies..loves the adventure..now i have to figure out what to do with myself..any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Re: So Bored!

Rent movies
Read a book(s)
Sleep
Play on the computer

I have to tell you after about a week after my surgery I was going crazy. Really and truly my only savior was my computer because I could sit there and do stuff on it.
Unread 12-01-2009, 11:29 AM

Smart mama!

Sorry about the pain. I imagine with all the pain meds you may not be able to focus on books right now...can you send your son to get a couple of magazines?

Feel better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2009, 11:36 AM

Been reading mags, watchin movies, i just can't seem to stay focused for very long..is that the pain meds or just the situation? i am so used to be on the go..football, meetings(5 1/2 yrs sober), dog park, bike riding, i go so much i keep changes of clothes, pillows and blankets in the car and snacks..my electric bill for the month is under $40 and it's cold outside because we are hardly ever here..want to rest as much as possible and walk when I can so that i can heal and go!
Unread 12-01-2009, 05:41 PM

I have to say I've bought more on ebay in the last few days than I have all year
DH is going to have a cow when those packages start coming in!
Unread 12-01-2009, 06:52 PM

I've been knitting....catching up with TiVo recordings, LIFETIME, I too have been busy on E-bay
Unread 12-01-2009, 07:03 PM

can your sponsor come visit you?
Unread 12-01-2009, 07:04 PM

or can someone drive you to andfrom mtg?
Unread 12-01-2009, 08:34 PM

Great ladies! Yes, sponser has come and hopefully going to mtg on Thurs..worried, b'cuz it's only been a week..I think I will b ok..2 blocks away..I did just watch the greatest chick flick..it's called "The Ugly Truth"..wow..use a big tummy pillow and keep the remote close b'cuz I had to pause it from laughing so hard...came back to it after the bathroom..great flick!must see!!! Been having the craziest dreams..had fishing dream(not a normal one) this afternoon, then after son got home, took a nap, woke up asking if our fish sandwiches were ready yet..he thinks i'm going crazy..keeps happening like that! Taking Chantix also, quit smoking before surgery..blessing in itself!
Unread 12-01-2009, 08:48 PM

I am so bored I am ready to scream! I have been taking advantage of all the "CyberMonday" deals to work on Christmas shopping, have been supervising the kids putting up Christmas decorations and lights on the house. I swear, I think they could complicate making a peanut butter sandwich! I had to go back on the pain meds from the pain around my incision so I have been getting in some pretty nice naps. There is so much going on and I need the all clear to at least be able to drive! My daughter is in the Nutcracker next weekend and have to get new ballet shoes, tights, eyelashes, etc. DH definitely can't handle that one for me! I did manage to fold some laundry today and straighten up the kitchen. It is just so frustrating not to have enough energy to do anything!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register