Heaviness and Bloating | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Heaviness and Bloating Heaviness and Bloating

Unread 08-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Heaviness and Bloating

I am 2 weeks tomorrow LAVH/BSO. All and all I think I am doing okay. A little worried about something and wanted some feedback.

My 6 kids (middle and high school) started school yesterday/today and it has been really busy getting them ready, open house at the school etc. I have been doing much more than I had been. On Friday (meeting teachers), Saturday (strings concerts for kids), Sunday (church and lessons), and Monday (open house and first day).

I am finding that if I am up too much that my lower pelvic region gets very bloated feeling and heavy and painful-similar to pms cramps. In addition to the feeling of bloating it feels kinda like there is something very heavy sitting on my pelvic floor and there is pain and pressure there. Last night this feeling of heaviness was bad enough it felt (it didn't physically do this, just felt that way) as if something might fall out, but since I had it all removed, I don't know what could possibly fall out.

Is this what other's refer to as "swelly belly"? Thing is, outwardly, my pouch (that is there from giving birth to 6 kids, not the hysterectomy) doesn't really get any bigger or swell (all my pants fit the same as they did before surgery and they don't change around the waist throughout the day), it is all more internal feelings than anything I can see outwardly.

I have taken it REALLY easy today and it was better. Had to go get the kids from school and do the whole after school schedules, how was your day, review teachers and class syllabus' X6. I was just sitting at the kitchen table. Here it comes right back again.

Can anyone tell me if this is just normal signs for "I did too much"? Should I be worried or this is just part of the recovery? Anyone able to explain the physiology behind what I might be feeling or the physiology behind "swelly belly"

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Re: Heaviness and Bloating

No matter how our surgeries were done we all had the same on the inside. Hundreds of stitches and lots of trauma to our internal tissues.

The more you do the more swelling and heaviness you may feel. I wasn't even allowed to drive at 2 weeks let alone do all the things you have been doing with your children. Kudos to you that you even have the energy to get these things done.

Alot of us found that our symptoms got better after we had rested.

Gets lots of rest when you can and take care of yourself.
Unread 08-17-2011, 09:38 AM

Thank you for the advice. I do know I have been doing too much and need to rest more! Now that they are established in school I hope that I can keep a more even balance between rest and mommy stuff! :-)

The aches, cramps and heaviness worry me. What I feel doesn't exactly fit what other ladies are describing and I am worried something is wrong.

I am going to take it especially easy for the next few days and if it is still there call my doc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2011, 09:55 AM

Try to rest more. Lay down and put your feet up! Also if your not taking miralax, stool softeners/sennosides and gas x they are your friends!

If I am on my feet a lot I feel bulgy quite low. The only thing that helps is laying down, putting my feet up and resting. Hope you feel better soon!
Unread 08-17-2011, 01:10 PM

beaubella-thanks for the advice. I do take MOM daily as well as 4 stool softeners. I have been in the care of a gastro doc well before this. This is what she has me doing.

Yes, resting.... That is so hard to do and I am beginning to learn as I do more, how much I also need it! :-) Thank you for the reassurance and advice. I really appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaubella View Post
Try to rest more. Lay down and put your feet up! Also if your not taking miralax, stool softeners/sennosides and gas x they are your friends!

If I am on my feet a lot I feel bulgy quite low. The only thing that helps is laying down, putting my feet up and resting. Hope you feel better soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register