Anyone else have a Uterine Prolapse? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else have a Uterine Prolapse? Anyone else have a Uterine Prolapse?

Unread 05-30-2007, 05:11 PM
Anyone else have a Uterine Prolapse?

I kinda feel alone... it seems most have had cyst problems and reaaaaalllllly long periods and major cramping and stuff like that....

Granted I have really crummy, heavy, clotty, crampy ones too, but only since last year...

I was just wondering if there were any other sisters out there with prolapse issues?

I have a uterine, bladder, rectum and vaginal vault prolapse... don't think there's anything left TO prolapse in me LOL!!

I'm really looking forward to not feeling like I'm slowly being turned inside out

And the extra benefit of no more crappy periods is great too... almost finished w/my last one now... and I swear it was trying to make up for futer lost time because it was a doozy!

Hmmm, and the ability to be intimate w/my DH again... without feeling like a freak show... without being in agonizing pain.... sigh.... I just remembered all the positives of WHY I decided to have this surgery in the first place... now if I can keep them on my mind, I think I'll be okay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2007, 05:33 PM

Oh, you are not alone. I love how you sum it all up "like being turned inside out" that's exactly how I feel! I actually went to the doctor, not anticipatiing hysterectomy AT ALL. Turns out I needed more then I ever imagined I would. I too, have grade II uterine prolapse, need A & P repairs, grade II cystocele, and perineoplasty as well. We could almost be twins, sister...As a bonus, I believe I have endo as well, but that was not addressed at the GYN consultation...I also have an ovarian mass, slightly smaller then tennis ball size...so that is causing me some pain. The heavy, clotty, crampy periods are all I've ever known, so I thought that part was normal...
But no, you are not alone, Desiree!
Unread 05-30-2007, 05:43 PM

Thanks! It just seemed like everyone was talking about everything but prolapses... They don't know if my ovaries are okay or not... believe it or not, they haven't checked! I was told if they saw anything suspicios during the surgery they would handle it then... sheesh... that gave me a great big sigh of relief......... YEAH RIGHT!

Anyhow, I really do trust my doc and he came extremely highly recommended... so I'm trying to go with the flow (no pun intended )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2007, 05:47 PM

then I'm sure they'll do what they can to leave the ovaries intact. Ovarian cancer does run rampant in my family, and with the mass that's there, I told them, either way, cancer or not, take them out!
I'll keep you posted with recovery, dolphin1173, just so ya know what to expect... that's the part I'm not sure about either, are all those darn repairs!!!
Unread 05-30-2007, 05:51 PM

Me too!!! I'm worried about them doing SO many things "down there" at once... but at the same time, I'm glad that it will probably only have to be done once
Unread 05-30-2007, 05:58 PM

hee hee...see...two peas in a pod...my anxiety as well...We'll just have to keep reminding ourselves NO LIFTING afterwards, the doctor says that is the best way to get a return trip to the OR for repeat surgery for prolapse repairs. I am a nurse...so that's going to have to be drilled INTO MY HEAD. I do not want to do this EVER again.
Unread 05-30-2007, 06:01 PM

Do you know how long the NO lifting rule should be applied? I mean, I know that I am supposed to do no lifting for the first 6 weeks and then minimal (under 10lbs) for the following 6 weeks... but is there a permanent weight restriction?
Unread 05-30-2007, 06:13 PM

my doc told me no lifting greater then 25 lbs for life.
Unread 05-30-2007, 06:52 PM

I have stage II uterine prolaspe, which is what led PC to do consult to gyn. It has also been suggested that I have moderate cystorectocele (VA) terminology. Of course, uterus is over enlarged (but that's all it says) and termed "fibroid uterus."

It does not really specify what that means in terms of size. I did attempt to do a search and from what I gathered my uterus is only about a 6-7 week size. Could be wrong. Also, uterus is "pressing on bladder and appears to be titled back toward rectum, which could also be cause for low back pain."

Only had US. GYN did not seem to find a need for further tests. In fact, gyn simply stated that the US equipment used at this VA is "...pretty state of the art...and additional tests would still not indicate if adeno/endo is present. But it is suspected."

So, no you're not alone. In fact, I'm not having a hyster for bleeding issues at all.
Unread 05-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Me too

This is my first post but I wanted to say hi and I know what you are going through. My hyst isn't scheduled yet - I have to see urologist first but I have the same symptoms. It is frustrating to feel like a "freak show". The other day I swear it felt like I had a bowling ball between my legs. I was doing the 9 month pregnant "waddle". Best of luck to you - hope you have some relief soon!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register