Scheduled LSH That moment your surgery becomes a reality. (Long) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

That moment your surgery becomes a reality. (Long) That moment your surgery becomes a reality. (Long)

Unread 12-27-2012, 11:51 PM
That moment your surgery becomes a reality. (Long)

Most of you probably experienced it, each in their own way. Either at the doctors office for the pre-op, while blood work was being done or maybe when you were sitting in the pre-surgery room in the hospital gown waiting to be taken back.

Well for me, it's been a very slow realization of what's about to happen. Fully understanding the process & truly comprehending all aspects and ramifications of this surgery, weighing the benefits vs the side affects... it's all very overwhelming.

I've teetered back and forth obsessing over this surgery, whether this is the right move for my condition, what else I could try and ultimately I know that this surgery is just a stop on the path my life is on, along with more physical therapy, more doctors appointments and possibly---hopefully a good recovery.

There is always the potential for complications, if you've wondered over to the post-op forum for a read...it's clear to see that this surgery is not without strings attached. But ultimately if you go into this having researched everything about your situation to it's full extent, having researched the surgery, the doctor, the hospital, other patient experiences, etc.... You will be O.k.

If you are aware there could be this complication for your situation, research it prior. Don't scare yourself, use google scholar and read true medical papers instead of non-medical forums. Just be knowledgeable about it so you are not blind sided. You will be O.k.

If you have some things you want to do that right now, in this moment sitting behind that computer screen - you physically cannot or should not, which is why you need this surgery... Make it a goal for after surgery--Once you are healed, say in a year. Yes, a year. Set a date, make plans, do your research. Because in the end, in a year or so... You will be O.k.

In 13 days, the structure that is abnormally scarred to my muscle will be removed. There are moments of doubt; moments of panic and moments of absolute confidence regarding this surgery. In the end, I know it will be OK. Even if they do send me home with a catheter.... because by next year if not sooner, you can bet your *** I'm going to be rock climbing, kayaking, or biking again. My passion for an active lifestyle is what's driving me, and this beat up uterus is holding me down!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2012, 12:29 AM
Re: That moment your surgery becomes a reality. (Long)

Way to go sister!!!
Unread 12-28-2012, 12:55 AM
That moment your surgery becomes a reality. (Long)

You are a very encouraging woman!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Re: That moment your surgery becomes a reality. (Long)

Thank you. I see a lot of emotional range on this website and really if in the midst of this situation- if each person in her own right could just take a moment -- they would feel better, more in control, and more confident that it will be o.k. That was the purpose of my post, to encourage, calm, give hope, and hopefully bring other women in to open up about this "moment" in time to share it with us. That moment of realization can be terrifying, but it doesn't have to be.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register