had GYN appt yesterday, of course forgot some questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

had GYN appt yesterday, of course forgot some questions had GYN appt yesterday, of course forgot some questions

Unread 10-04-2014, 09:56 AM
had GYN appt yesterday, of course forgot some questions

i had an gyn appt yesterday. Of course, they hadn't gotten the info from my dr or the ultrasound report even though I called to have it faxed twice. Luckily, I had a printed report from the ultrasound. I really thought I'd get another US while there so the GYN could see for herself wher eand how big and how many fibroids we're talking about, but did not. Instead, I was so lucky to get a uterine biopsy!

Basically, it was left that I have to stop taking the Progesterone to get uterine lining back to normal, then return for hysteroscopy. Hsteroscopy scheduled for 10/31.

I totally forgot to ask if I was a candiate for ablation, just because I love the idea of never having a period again. And by the time I got home, I realized I was unclear on what happens if during the hysteroscopy they find they can't get at the fibroids? I'd be like, "well, I'm here in the stirrups now. Get the laproscope out and go find them now!" But I imagine they'd reschedule me for somehting like that.

GYN said during hysteroscopy, they can remove any accessible fibroids they see at that time and assess the uterus for further steps. (so, I'd assume if they get in there and see they can't remove them I might need to go mack for some other form or removal, or discuss hysterectomy if they say they can't get them at all.) Basically what I took away from all that the GYN said was that if they can see and remove the one fibroid (U said only 2cm) and the small ones seem inconsequential to the bleeding, she said the easiest first step is to get a Mirena at that point and see if that manages the symptoms.

I am skeptical because I think I get moody/depressed on BCP, but I'll certainly give it a shot in hopes I'm in the percentage of women who find it's all they need, get no more periods, no more fibroid symptoms....

The other thing she said is I'm easily 10 years away from menopause, which is a long time to wait it out, so this could mean heading down a road towards hysterectomy.

I am not looking forward to the wait until 10/31 and not looking forward to what type of bleeding is about to start with stopping the progsterone. I imagine I'm going to spend the next week not leaving the hosue and staying in my bathrobe all day.

Also, I realized i left with no instructions on the procedure, but looked it up and saw instructions like no eating or drinking for 8 hours (i'd imagine that's if they use general anesthesia) and I'm wondering if I can drive myself home or will I want my husband along?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2014, 11:15 PM
Re: had GYN appt yesterday, of course forgot some questions

Dear RudyCat:

Please take the time to write down your questions, and then call tthe doctor's office to get the answers so you will feel comfortable about the next steps in your treatment.

Your HysterSisters are here to support you every step of the way. I am sending huge cyberhugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register