What could it be???????????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What could it be???????????? What could it be????????????

Unread 05-13-2004, 05:09 PM
What could it be????????????

I think I have been on this site every day since I found out I was going to have a hysterectomy. My is scheduled in 5 days and I am getting very anxious. I have had two c-sections, two miscarriages and a D&E. My symptoms are terrible PMS, heavt bleeding, very painful cramps that no over the counter med can touch, nausea and just plain GI upset during my cycle. I have one good week a month (so my husband says). My question is my doctor and decided that after trying everything to control the pain and bleeding failed woould be to do a hysterectomy. I have never been diagnosed with anything really. I have had several ultrasounds which always include ovarian cysts. The last one I had said that my endometrial lining was large, but could be due to that my period was on it's way. :cry:

Has anyone else had these symptoms. I have a feeling that endometriosis has something to do with it, or adenomysis (sp). I'm scheduled to have a TVH. What if he goes in to get the uterus and cervix and discovers that there is endo or something of the sort in there? Will it have to be done abdominally? Will he be able to tell before he rips out my parts? Will he be able to see? Because really how well can you see in that small of a space?

Samantha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2004, 05:31 PM

I had a TVH in November. All I can tell you is that if they feel your uterus will not fit through the vagina, they will do it abdominally. I dont think they really ever know how its going to go until you are on the table and they can see what is going on. I dont know if they use special scopes with having a vaginal hysty without laprascope assistance.

When it was time for the Dr to pull my uterus through, he found out that my vaginal canal was real narrow and it took quite a bit of work to get my uterus out. I never felt any ill effects due to that.

I was told when I had my first child that I had a narrow passage but I thought he meant my pelvic area as in my hips. He told me I would not be able to vaginally deliver a baby over 7 pounds.. I got an 8 pounder out just fine.... so when my hysty was done and he told me how narrow it was, it made sense to me about what the first doctor told me 23 years ago.

The good news is that this procedure is about as routine as root canals.. they are done every day... and for the most part, even if they find a complication along the way, they can find a way to get around things and get it done right the first (and only time for most women) the first time.

I know how you feel... honest I can tell you this... in the past 6 months.. I have not had one regret and am SO ABSOLUTELY elated that its all behind me.

As for how you feel... feeling ill and all that... I can relate to all of that too. My last year of periods took a huge toll on me.. I feel very fortunate to have made it through as unscathed as I did. Part of feeling sick has to do with the amount of blood you pass. Oh how my stomach would ache... my body felt completely empty and I had zero energy. While I should have been in the ER for the last few periods due to my fainting spells.... all I could think about was sleep. Sleep came only when there was no pain involved.

I did take an ambulance ride last summer... I barely made it out of my house to the ambulance due to faintness. It wasnt until the next month that I went all the way out... and that was one of the times I was too weak to go to the hospital... 2 days later I had a transfusion.

Ever since my experience I am a new person.... I have so much more energy ... I dont fall asleep during the day anymore... I dont thing about it much anymore.. No regrets here.

I hope things go ok with you... I know how nervous you must be. Talk to your dr about any concerns and ask all the questions you can!!!

Take care
Unread 05-13-2004, 06:16 PM

Hi Samantha..
Your experience sounds pretty similar to mine. My cycle has always been like you described.....in fact my ex-husband used to give me a hard time about only having 1 good week out of the month. I've been thru all the standard treatments....BC Pills, lupron shots, D&C's, endometrial ablation.....all without a diagnosis. Sometimes it felt like it must all be in my head because they would always say that everything looked normal on the ultrasounds and pelvic exams. It wasn't until after I had the ablation that anything began showing up on the ultrasound. My doctor suspects adeno but of course we won't know for sure until the pathology report comes back post -op. So now I have a tentative diagnosis and am scheduled for laproscopic hysterectomy on june 8. Sometimes I second guess myself but for the most part I'm just relieved to finally have hope that life is going to improve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2004, 09:06 PM

Thank you Vickie---Let me know who you make out.

Samantha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register