clothing for post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

clothing for post op clothing for post op

Unread 02-06-2011, 09:59 AM
clothing for post op

I'm going shopping tomorrow to pick myself up some sweats or yoga pants for post op. How many sizes bigger should I be buying? I figured I could probably get away with my regular size in yoga pants since they're so stretchy, but go up a size or two for sweats. How much larger a size did you get?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Re: clothing for post op

Yoga pants with the top that has a wide fold for the top helps provide extra support for your belly and if you buy in your normal size it'll be just snug enough. Live in mine.
Unread 02-06-2011, 10:28 AM

Perfect thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2011, 11:43 AM

I bought some inexepensive leggings from WalMart. I wore them before and after. I purchased them in my regular size since they are stretchy.

Good Luck!!

Unread 02-06-2011, 12:13 PM

Depends on your op I had TAH I bought granny knickers 2 sizes bigger yes they were very loose but comfy. And jogging bottoms/pants a size bigger but for 3 weeks I had a unplanned stay at parents and non of my own cloths to had to ware my mums at 2 sizes bigger I was happy and cosy I hated anything restrictive on me as it really hurt when I was bloated
Unread 02-06-2011, 02:08 PM

Well for undies I had to go 2 sizes bigger. I had a abdominal supracervical hysterectomy. For my pants...I went a size bigger and I am also wearing the really stretchy yoga pants and elastic waist stretchy jeans. I am almost 4 weeks after surgery and I still have my swelly belly. God is good however, I am feeling better every day with HIS help. May you have a uneventful recovery and GOD bless you!! *Hugs*
Unread 02-06-2011, 07:21 PM

I bought a medium instead of a small.

Ended up not swelling, so really didn't need them, but they are super comfy! :-)

TLH
1/28/11
Unread 02-06-2011, 07:40 PM

I've just worn my regular lazy, around-the-house pants that have drawstrings so didn't need a different size at all. I would advise against anything too thick, as my sweat material ones seemed to be awfully hot - especially when I ended up napping, or sleeping overnight, in them.
Unread 02-06-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezerfeet View Post
I'm going shopping tomorrow to pick myself up some sweats or yoga pants for post op. How many sizes bigger should I be buying? I figured I could probably get away with my regular size in yoga pants since they're so stretchy, but go up a size or two for sweats. How much larger a size did you get?
I wouldn't want stretchy yoga pants at first- I couldn't wear my yoga pants or any other pants in my size and still can't by the end of the day
Unread 02-06-2011, 08:25 PM

I have been fine in my regular yoga and pj pants... But my belly was bigger pre-op because of the huge fibroid/uterus... So even though I have swelling now, I am actually smaller than I was pre-op.

Amy
LAVH- 1/31/2011

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register