Any surprises? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any surprises? Any surprises?

Unread 05-27-2004, 07:08 PM
Any surprises?

Has anyone come out of their surgery and had the surgeon tell you that he/she found something unexpected? I have been a "tumor producer" since 1984, and my hormonal problems have been torturing me for these past 20 years. I have always either been too chicken, too busy, or too broke to have the surgery.

So now I'm going to have it, and I keep picturing my doctor finally getting a look at my uterus and saying "No wonder you had all these problems!".

I really think somehow my problems all started with my tubal in 1983.

Anyway - anybody find out something none of the tests showed ahead of time?

Hugs to all who need them!

Connie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Any surprises?

I had a TVH on 3/17/04 which was one month before I turned 49. Doctor said it'd be easy to do vaginally since I've had 4 children vaginally with no problems. But my surgery took longer than he expected, he says my uterus was still pretty firmly attached and in good condition (except for the numerous fibroid tumors) for someone who's had 4 children and my age, says he "really had to work at it to get it out!". Oh, sounds like fun - not!
Unread 05-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Any surprises?

Hi,
Just read my signature to see what I found out after my operation. What a surprise it was.

Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2004, 09:01 PM
Any surprises?

Hey Connie!!!
Wow you're having your surgery on my 49th bday!!!
I was scheduled for a LAVH w/BSO on Friday, 5-21-04 knowing that it could possibley turn into a TAH w/BSO, which it did. I had had both an internal and external ultrasound which showed pretty much what my DR suspected. So, he goes in with the scope and realizes it ain't a gonna happen that a way. He found a walnut-sized cyst behind one of my ovaries which had attached itself to the inside of my abdominal wall. He just had to go at it from a different angle and ta-dah it was done. I didn't see him after my surgery when I was fully with it, but instead saw one of his partners. I will actually see my surgeon on 6-2 and will be able to get more details then.
Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other ?????'s that I might be able to help with.
Keep your chin up and by this time next week it'll be over!!!!
Take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register