Is exhaustion a symptom...? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is exhaustion a symptom...? Is exhaustion a symptom...?

Unread 06-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Is exhaustion a symptom...?

Okay, I have gone through many years with the pain during my periods and ovulation. My TAH and RSO is set for June 20th. My question is this...was fatigue or exhaustion a symptom of endo, or in any way related to our pre op problems. Over the last few years (months, really bad) I have just not had any energy. I remember one day, like a year ago, and it was so strange, it was like a cloud was lifted, the band came off from around my waist and I was excited about something...I actually said, wow, I haven't felt this good in a long time, I actually feel normal!
Well, that was one day a long time ago. hasn't happened since.
I think I am soooo used to being this tired and worn out and crampy and swollen, I almost don't notice it anymore.
sorry for the rambling...my question is this...post op, did anyone notice a change in their energy level and mood for the better? I would hate to think that this mopey, dragged down gal is who I am now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2006, 05:13 PM

Hey you - what are you doing off the Games board? Just kidding; I'm sure I'll be seeing you there later! Oh yes, exhaustion was a big problem of mine with the endo; I couldn't keep my eyes open at work, I made all kinds of stupid mistakes, I would get home, walk straight into my room, kick my shoes off and crawl into bed for (at least) a 3-hour nap - then I'd go back to bed later, sleep at least 7 hours and still be exhausted the next day! I was at my wits end so I finally made an appt. with my GP who did some blood work and found out I had severe anemia due to the endo. I got on an iron supplement which helped a lot with the symptoms (I didn't need my long naps anymore!), but of course I was still bleeding heavily so when they did my pre-op blood work I was still mildly anemic. Now of course, as you know, I'm having the opposite problem - I can't sleep at all! I saw my doctor about that today, which I'll post about later, but I have definitely noticed an increase in my energy level since the hyst, even without much sleep. My brain is still a little foggy, but that's hopefully just a hormone-adjustment issue. See if your pre-op blood work shows anemia, and if so I'm sure you'll be feeling much better after this is all done! Here's to a new, healthier, happier life - you're almost there!

Unread 06-05-2006, 08:00 PM

Thanks Beanies...now that my fears have been eased, its back to the games, games, games!

Actually, I do have low iron and low blood pressure. I am wondering if they are all related. I cannot take iron supplements because they give me migraines...on top of the ones aunt flo brings. Boy, Im just a barrel of fun. My poor DH. Get me to the castle!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register