3.5 weeks post-op: How long can pain last after laparoscopic hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3.5 weeks post-op: How long can pain last after laparoscopic hysterectomy 3.5 weeks post-op: How long can pain last after laparoscopic hysterectomy

Unread 04-03-2015, 12:33 PM
3.5 weeks post-op: How long can pain last after laparoscopic hysterectomy

I'm three-and-a-half weeks post-op and still having severe pain in mid-to-lower abdomen and lower back. This pain went away during the second week post-op but is back now. I was having bleeding earlier this week so I went to gyn and he said everything is healing just fine. I also have Crohn's Disease (had colon removed and have a permanent ileostomy) so I'm considering that the pain could be related to that. Just wondering what others have found with how long pain lasted after a laparoscopic hysterectomy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2015, 04:24 PM
Re: How long can pain last after laparoscopic hyster?

Hi there. It's nice to know I'm not alone. I am experiencing the exact same symptoms as you're describing. I also didn't have this pain at week 2. I am a month out from my davinci hysterectomy. The back pain is really intense and radiates to my lower abdomen/pelvic area. I saw my doctor a week ago and was told everything is fine. I wish there was something I could do to help you. I have found this recovery to be frustrating. Wishing you well and please know I'm in the same boat.
Unread 04-03-2015, 04:57 PM
Re: How long can pain last after laparoscopic hyster?

I too had the back pain (small of back mostly) show up at week 3 or 4. Pain meds did not help. The only thing that helped was ice.

I have found through recovery, different aches and pains will show up at different times. I guess we can be glad they didn't all come at once!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2015, 11:49 AM
Re: 3.5 weeks post-op: How long can pain last after laparoscopic hysterectomy

I'm now 6 weeks post-op and remember having pain and discomfort at 3 weeks, but I figured it had to do with me overdoing it, as I had gone back to work, which was a mistake. Each week has been better and I can now work an 8 hr day sitting with no pain. So take it easy and listen to your body, it's telling you it needs rest. If pain continues or gets worse over the next few weeks, talk to your Doctor. Big healing hugs to all
Unread 04-05-2015, 01:36 PM
3.5 weeks post-op: How long can pain last after laparoscopic hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christi704 View Post
Hi there. It's nice to know I'm not alone. I am experiencing the exact same symptoms as you're describing. I also didn't have this pain at week 2. I am a month out from my davinci hysterectomy. The back pain is really intense and radiates to my lower abdomen/pelvic area. I saw my doctor a week ago and was told everything is fine. I wish there was something I could do to help you. I have found this recovery to be frustrating. Wishing you well and please know I'm in the same boat.

Hi Sisters tomorrow will mark 3 weeks out of surgery and I too have started to develop the back pain. I feel very frustrated as well Sis . Sorry I could'not provide you with any help just letting you know that you are not alone .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register