Stretching | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-05-2005, 03:46 PM
Stretching

I did another session with my re-hab trainer today - and we stretched the abdominal area to prevent adhesions. I also learned she has had the surgery because of cancer - and we have the same Doc. I am working with a ball to stretch and other nice stuff. It hurts initially when you stretch the muscles out - but an hour later it feels real good.

I also learned why we can't hoover - it uses the obliques as you go diagonally or around corners - walking it forward and back might work, but then you would only clean the same spot!

From my surgeon to my trainer - I feel I have had the best care.

I had a great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2005, 05:58 AM
Stretching

Sandy1958, I am not far from you, I am in Frederick, when did you start stretching? I am up and doing more than I expected, I had a TAH/BSO 9 days ago, and still have the hunched walk, fearing I will pull stitches out. I have a bikini cut and naturally it is still tender, but stretching sounds better than a bubble bath!
Firefaery01
Unread 05-08-2005, 06:43 AM
Stretching

I'm glad to hear you are using the ball for some light stretching. Just yesterday I was wondering if I could start doing more with my ball. I had my TAH on 4/13, so maybe I need to wait until the 4 week point. When did you start using your's again?

I've been pleased with my recovery, but having been a pretty fit person beforehand and watching everything just turn to mush is driving me nuts! Of course, on the other hand, I don't want to overdo it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2005, 07:04 AM
Stretching

We added the stretching at 4 weeks - but I have been dovery easy stretches before getting out of bed since 2-1/2 weeks... this hurt at first but it was a 'fleeting' hurt. When a muscle is stiif it hurts to stretch it out - but as soon as it stretches the pain is gone... and an hour later I felt wonderful.

I did the same with standing straight (not hunched) - pulled my self up, gritting my teeth, and once I made it up, then the pain left. Actually it's not even 'pain' - it's more like pulling on a rubber band - those muscles are tight!

I did 20 minutes on the eliptical Friday night - in crosstrain reverse mode (still manual though) - and I felt it... Saturday my legs were tight but that is a feeling I have missed.

What I have found id that is comes back very fast once you start back - the much will be gone in weeks not months.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register