Dizziness | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Dizziness

Hello ladies ....I had an LSH with r oophrectomy and bilateral salpingg( probably don't have spelling right) on April 9. Spent night at hospital and have been doing well; I've probably done too much due to this. Yesterday I woke up and lifted my head off pillow and the room started spinning and was extremely dizzy. I couldn't get out of bed for about an hour later only because I had to use the bathroom. No fever, no pain in legs, nothing that looks suspicious. Felt crappy most of day, but was able to get up as needed to tend to my 7 1/2 year old twins, but basically spent the day in bed....thank god for the kindles the kids had! Went to sleep early, but still feel crappy. I did call and speak to doctor yesterday and he didn't see any coralation with my surgery. Not sure what to do....maybe it's a stomach virus, but I've never had dizziness with one before. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Re: Dizziness

I had a spell of dizziness and near fainting yesterday, and since I was out and happened to be at the doctor's office at the time they called an ambulance and the ER checked me over. They said they had to rule out infections and blood clots. Everything came back clear. When I called the nurse today at my surgeon's office she said, really, if it happened again we would need to follow up carefully bc at 11 days post op I should not be feeling this way. She stressed eating carefully, protein and carbs regularly throughout the day. She said that for many people the stress and anxiety of the surgery can be underlying and suddenly burst out after it is all done, and then the vagal response prompts a drop in blood pressure causing a faint. Don't hesitate to call them back if you feel dizzy again, your body is trying to tell you something. Keep a lot of fluids going in, not just water maybe also some juice or coconut water for some electrolytes.

Hope you feel better soon!!
Unread 04-19-2013, 10:19 AM

Same thing happened to me yesterday but I have suffered from vertigo for the past 10 years. I also haven't been sleeping well, insomnia. I just layed in bed all day and then took some benadryl and meclizine last night before bed. I feel better today. Are you weaning yourslef off pain meds? Or changed the amount you're taking? That could cause diziness. Make sure you're drinking enough fluids and eating protein. Hope you are feeling better soon being dizzy is horrible!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2013, 10:46 AM

Its possible you could be dealing with vertigo. I had something similar on Monday. They were concerned at first about a clot so I went to the hospital. My doctor determined I was dealing with vertigo. They prescribed meds for it. I've not felt it since that day.
It could be your bodys reacting to coming off the different meds as well as the anesthesia.
Please follow up with your doctor or the ER if it continues.
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:38 AM

I've been having dizzy spells as well, I figured out my problem to be dehydration. I am not a big drinker and keep forgetting I need to drink to heal and stay healthy.
Unread 04-19-2013, 05:47 PM

Thanks lades.....I haven't taken a Percocet since last Friday....if it continues into weekend I will go to ER....felling somewhat better today, but now my stomach on the insides hurt.
Unread 04-19-2013, 05:54 PM

Please listen to your body. It talks to you for a reason. Take it easy rest and drink lots of fluids. I will pray for your healing.
Unread 04-19-2013, 05:57 PM

Thank you!
Unread 04-19-2013, 07:44 PM

I had severe dizziness, too. I can relate to not being able to get out of bed! It's terrible. I figured out that my blood pressure was dropping. On Tuesday, it was 88/50. My doctor told me to increase my salt intake (for a few days) and water intake. I have felt SO much better the last few days. I also wonder if it has been the anesthesia leaving my system. I sometimes don't tolerate meds well. I certainly hope they find the source of your problem. Hang in there!!! Hugs your way!
Unread 04-21-2013, 08:35 AM

Thanks again ladies...Still feeling a but dizzy...will call my pcp tomorrow. But I have to tell you, I feel worse overall now than I did a week ago....maybe I over did it with my activity. Kind of sucks I'm supposed to go back to work Wednesday...only took two weeks off as I only had one week with pay saved up.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register