Had my ultrasound | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had my ultrasound Had my ultrasound

Unread 03-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Had my ultrasound

Well in the middle of my monthly downpour I endured the embarrassment of the internal/external ultrasound to see what my fibroid is doing. I must say that the woman who was doing the test was so sweet and made me as comfortable as one can be during that exam. The fibroid is about 6cm and centrally located she asked if I felt the need to pee all the time.... ummm yeah. She said it was pressing on my bladder and that my uterus is really large. She saw how badly I am bleeding and finally said "you might feel better just getting that thing out".

I see the gyn on Thursday for my pelvic and endometrial biopsy and she will give me my full results of my ultrasound and options. Is 6cm large for a fibroid? What does it mean if it is centrally located? I am so tired of feeling like my uterus is trying to crawl out from between my legs

At this point I am not sure I really want to even try the Mirena IUD because the thought of putting anything else in my uterus is not pleasant. I have already tried the myomectomy and an ablation. Maybe it is time to become a Princess...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Re: Had my ultrasound

I'm sorry to hear everything you are going through. I was just diagnosed with a 2cm fibroid. However, they did not tell me where it was located, but I will definitely be calling on Monday to find out. The GYN made it seem that it was very small. However, it is causing problems for me. It too, is also pressing on my bladder (giving me an idea on where it's located). I believe it all depends on where the fibroid is located. I'm sorry I can't be of much help, but want to let you know I am very empathetic of what you are going through.
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Re: Had my ultrasound

Thank Chelly for the support. I am with you on the bladder location I am constantly feeling like I need to run to the bathroom. I have been doing my research and getting together a list of questions for my doctor so I am ready for Thursday's appt. I spoke to my gp 2 wks ago and her concern is that I am constantly anemic and it is not healthy for my organs.

1) If I am a candidate for the Mirena IUD will it be uncomfortable with the fibroid? What are the side effects of the IUD? What if I don't go into menopause before the 5 yrs? (I am 47)

2) If the hysterectomy option is where we are going I have been preparing my questions. I have already been told I would have to have a TAH or possibly I could have a DVH but that they still may have to cut me. With either what is the recovery period? What about nerve damage? I am also going to bring up sex but to be honest because all the constant "heaviness", bleeding and fibroid pressing on my bladder I really haven't felt "sexy" or in the mood. I am also concerned because 2 yrs ago I had a retro-pubic TVT procedure (urethra sling) and I want to know if the tape will complicate my hysterectomy.

Then, the big question HRT am I a candidate? My baby sister had breast cancer but tested negative for the brac1 and brac2 but can I take hormones?

I am writing all these questions down because I know that there are so many emotions involved with this decision it is hard to think rationally. The other thing is my husband is giving me grief saying it will dry me up and I will go into menopause. I laughingly told him I am going into menopause no matter what (hello). I also reminded him of the weeks we can't have sex before, during and after my period because of the pain, bloating and other issues.

Promise to let me know what your doctor says. I will update too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register