Regular Clothes Are Awful | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Regular Clothes Are Awful Regular Clothes Are Awful

Unread 12-19-2013, 10:14 PM
Regular Clothes Are Awful

Hi Everyone!

I am 3 weeks post op and went out for the first time today with my hubby to his company's Christmas dinner. I had a post op appt on Wednesday and was cleared to drive and slowly start to reintroduce myself back into the world LOL. I wore real clothes for the first time, which was a loose fitting skirt and sweater. I don't know what happened, but it was the most uncomfortable 2 hours I've had in a long time. The skirt wasn't tight but my belly was burning! The first thing I did when got home was strip and check my incision, which was fine. I'm worried about when I return to work in 3 weeks and have to wear regular clothing. Has anyone else experienced this and what clothing was the most comfortable to wear when you returned to work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Re: Regular Clothes Are Awful

I would try and wear dress tights with long fancy sweaters or long dress shirts ! I am back into all my clothes, however never wore tights much pre surgery, but have discovered some great dressy looks with tights post op. If you have some nice dress boots and high heels ( wedges are easier for walking ) you can create some great dressy looks. Add a long necklace and some earrings and you are done.I have had lots of compliments on these outfits.

That is my Stacey and Clinton - What not to Wear two cents LOL !!

Best of luck !
Unread 12-19-2013, 10:58 PM

Oh and a long dressy black blazer for the office is a staple ! Easy to wear with dress pants or tights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2013, 11:12 PM

Was it burning on outside of your tummy? That's the way my tummy feels. All clothing irritate it. By the time I go to bed I don't even want to wear undies! Lol. But my solution is I put plastic wrap above my incision across my tummy. It's not 100%, but it makes it more bearable. I got this advice from another sister. Hope you feel better.
Unread 12-19-2013, 11:19 PM

I'm not there yet, but my mom suggested me to wear a binder (she had RAH years ago), just a regular one, as if I was trying to look thiner. It will protect the scars from the clothing edges.

I bought one of those harem style pants. It's dressy and loose! Will be my new outfit until I'm back to normal!
Unread 12-19-2013, 11:27 PM

I'm only 8 days post op but I live in jegging and tights with tall boots. That way I have the stretch and still look nice. That's crazy it's burning. I hope something helps! A belly band or even the plastic wrap, what a creative idea!! Best of luck!!
Unread 12-20-2013, 04:09 AM

I went back to work at week 3 and wore dresses, sometimes with tights. I also took a short dress and put it over leggings. Thankfully by Friday, I was able to wear jeans. My incisions are near my belly button, so waistbands were lower. It does get better.
Unread 12-20-2013, 05:02 AM

I was dreading jeans, but I can wear them without an issues. I seem to have more of an issues with my form fitting shirts (TOO MUCH RUBBING!) So I wear tees for now.
Unread 12-20-2013, 05:56 AM

I felt that but not so much due to the clothes but more seemed due to just sitting up straight and being mobile again. I'm 8 weeks and even experienced it a little this week but much much less than at 3 weeks. It gets better....
Unread 12-20-2013, 06:23 AM

Thank you sisters! I'm going shopping today for tights and maybe done sweater dresses. I did order some post op panties and I'm going to look for the belly band today. It was such a surprise for me yesterday because it was so unexpected. I appreciate the suggestions and it gives me an excuse to shop LOL!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register