Going back to work | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going back to work Going back to work

Unread 02-15-2007, 06:54 AM
Going back to work

I am not encouraging or recommending this but I was wondering if anyone has had to go back to work before 6 weeks? I have a large family and am very dependant on the money I bring in. I had to go back to work at about three weeks and did okay. I am a hair dresser so it is a lot of standing, makes my back hurt but I just try to sit when ever I can. I don't get paid sick leave or vacation or any of that. I would like to know how others have handled this or if I am just nuts for even doing it. I am at 4 weeks now and feeling so much better than a week ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2007, 07:18 AM
Going back to work

I'm 3 weeks post op and going back to work next Monday 2/19. I was able to arrange part time for the first week. I am hoping that will help. I don't know how you can do it standing all day. I definitely would not be cooking or cleaning....you must rely on your family to help with this if you are working so soon.
Unread 02-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Going back to work

I'm going back next Monday. I will have had four complete weeks at home to recover. I am a computer programmer, so I don't have the physical demands as many other jobs, and to be honest, I can't stay at home any longer, I am beyond going stir crazy.

I also need to get my income flow back to normal. I am on short-term disability, but it is only 60% of my income, and I am single, so it's just me to cover the bills.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Going back to work

My family is still doing the cooking and cleaning so that helps. I usually do all of it but have discovered that they actually CAN clean and cook and do laundry etc. I think that is something that I will stick with once I am back to "normal" It's nice to have them waiting on me for a change instead of me waiting on the 6 other people in the house. I might help out a little.
Unread 02-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Going back to work

Did you apply for short-term disability? I'm sure you paid in disability so you should use it!
Unread 02-16-2007, 06:45 AM
Going back to work

I too need to get back to work because short term dis is only 60%, I am 3 weeks out and have a return date of mar 5. I dont see how I am going to work 11 hour days on my feet considering how I feel now. I cant believe you can stand all day like that,, hope you feel better!
Unread 02-16-2007, 07:03 AM
Going back to work

I am 4 weeks post op today. I am going to back to work on Monday 2/19. I work in a daycare center, but in the office so it should be okay. My dr said I can only work 1/2 days for 2 weeks. I have awesome bosses and they paid me my full salary this whole time I've been gone. I am VERY lucky. Sometimes it's good to work for a small company.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register