3 months post hysterectomy - not interested in intimacy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 months post hysterectomy - not interested in intimacy 3 months post hysterectomy - not interested in intimacy

Unread 03-07-2017, 04:05 AM
3 months post hysterectomy - not interested in intimacy

Today is 3 months and I haven't had sex and not interested. Not sure if it's because I don't know if it'll be uncomfortable or not. I'm just take not interested. Anyone else felt this way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Re: 3 months post hysterectomy - not interested in intimacy

My guy and I waited 2 weeks after clearance before we made love, and then it was more to see if the parts worked. They did, but that was it. He was happy, I was relieved but there were no fireworks for me - in fact I had vaginal dryness afterwards due to my ovaries not being up to speed yet. Later trysts went better, and we no longer need lubrication.

Are you concerned about your loss of libido? Is it interfering with a relationship? You don't mention whether or not you kept your ovaries. If you didn't, you could be dealing with surgical menopause which results in a rather sudden hormonal imbalance. Even if you did keep your ovaries, they may not be up to speed like what happened with me. Either way, this is something you can talk to your doctor about.

Unread 03-07-2017, 10:26 PM

I kept my ovaries but I'm just not interested. My doctor says it doesn't come automatically for everyone but it's not uncommon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2017, 12:46 PM

I felt a dip in my libido immediately after surgery.....maybe because of the pain. Then it seemed to be coming back only to drop again 2-3 months post op. At about 6 months post op, I went to see a functional doctor because along with my lack of libido, I had developed extreme fatigue, could hardly get out of bed, couldn't lose weight and felt depressed. I seemed to be going downhill despite having an extremely successful surgery from an awesome Surgeon. I'm 44, I had my uterus, tubes, and cervix removed for what they thought was Leimyosarcoma but luckily turned out to be a degenerative fibroid the size of a cantaloupe. I refused the ovary removal due to lacking a clear cancer diagnosis. At 6 months post op, I was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue (flatlined cortisol and DHEA) and low progesterone....everything was out of balance. I'm at 9 months post op and my adrenals just started working again. My tonsils have been swollen after a slew of influenza (which never used to be a problem for me). Adrenal fatigue and unbalanced hormones can lead to weakened immunity...it's all an ugly picture. So now Ive been advised by an ENT to get a tonsillectomy because of the chronic inflammation. Ugh!!! Good news is, the functional doctor says I'm getting better and my hormones will start coming back into balance since my adrenals are functioning normal now. My libido will return!!! She says I don't need HRT. She also recommended a metabolism reset diet to help lose the weight. I'm 9 months out, and by all accounts healthy but my hormones are just getting back into balance, it just takes time and the right kind of doctor treating you. Sexual hormone imbalance is common after hysterectomy and adrenal fatigue is another type of common hormone imbalance..they both kill libido but they are not permanent conditions. Hugs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register