Am I crazy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-24-2004, 01:01 PM
Am I crazy?

Okay, here goes. I've been cleaning house in more ways than one. Is it me? Am I the crazy one?

The doctor thought I had vaginal cancer and scheduled a biopsy, My boyfriend of 4 years didn't take time off from work to go to that appt for the results even after I asked and pleaded for him to, I was a wreck. Now my surgery is for tomorrow and he did not plan to take time off for work. I felt rejected and unimportant. So last week I told him to get the hell out of my house and that our relationship was over because he has never been there for me when I need him emotionally and if I ever needed him it was the day on biopsy results, (he takes days off work to attend court to fight speeding tickets and his dentist appts),the tumor was benign. He left but not before saying I am crazy.

Yesterday I kicked my 20 year old son out of the house, it has been a long time coming, however the past few weeks he has been argumentative,very rude and yesterday was the final straw when he called me a royal B word! I kicked him out!

When I got the cancer scare I quit smoking (26 days no smoking now), I've was in excruciating pain and bled the whole month of september with excruciating pain and was difficult to live with I know, it got better when I got pain medicine and I really did pretty good with quitting smoking because it was just something I didn't want to worry about anymore. So for most of this month I have been pretty cool, except for the past week when I decided that I had had enough with my boyfriend and my 20 year old son. So they are both out! I feel pretty good about it however, my now ex boyfriend is calling and saying that I am just out of sorts and have been since quitting smoking and my nervousness about tomorrows surgery. My 20 year old son says that I am the one that is whacked! I say they can all go _ _ _ _ !

I am looking forward to a peaceful home when I get back and that will leave just my 11 year old son to help me out. I think we'll be able to handle it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2004, 01:50 PM
Am I crazy?

It sounds like you did the right thing with the boyfriend and I know it must have been hard to do with your son. It just doesn't sound like they get it. I know when I went in for my cone biopsy results I told the fiance everything will be ok so I told him to go to work and took two of my sisters with instead, well the results came back cancer and he called at lunch to see about the results he was so upset he came home from work that afternoon. I do not have children but I do have 13 siblings who were all supportive, they all visited me in the hospital and they came over to help. I have a 17 yr old brother who lives with me and my fiance and he even comes home at lunch from school to check on me. I am so sorry you are going through this at a time like this, I just wanted to give you a hug. Sometimes guys can be jerks, its typical of your ex to say its all your fault, he needs to grow up and be a man. He should have been by your side no matter what. And your son doesn't know what he is missing out on, moms are hard to come by, mine passed away in 1995 and dad in 2001. I was real close with both of them and now a days when I see kids not respecting their parents at any age it makes me want to slap them in the back of the head and say what are you going to do when they are gone, I don't think kids think that way but I certainly do. Anyway just take care of you and if you need to vent anymore this is the site to do it at.
Take care,
Jeanette
Unread 10-24-2004, 01:54 PM
Am I crazy?

Good for you!!! You come first, and I'm sure that your recovery will be quicker without all that stress in your house. Best wishes tommorrow!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2004, 01:59 PM
Am I crazy?

Shell,

I am praying that you will have peace with your decisions. I am praying that you will continue to focus on your health. I pray that God will show you He is with you. Praise God for the good news of the benign tumor!!

Nancy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register