question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:22 AM
question

Mu doctor did the lth. I awoke to total nausea until midnight last night. My procedure was from 11-1230 a.m. I was home by 3p.m.. I was sick and wanted to go home instead of waiting around. I had a problem voiding. To find out, my doctor went in through my urethra tube also. From 3 p.m. yeterday until today at 9 a.m. I have had bathroom trips every 3-5-7 minutes. I have had 3 hot showers to help me to void. When I do, it hurts and I have to push. My bladder feels constantly full. I am not resting because of the 80 trips to the restroom since yesterday. I slept maybe 2 hours last night. I am a zombie who is about to have some coffee to help me function. I cant lay in bed as that does not help. I cant take pain pills, I cant eat yet, only drink. So, someone please tell me that you had the same procedure. I feel like I have a uti, but I dont. I cant get ahold of the doctor yet to ask him why he went in through my urethra, an then did not send me home with anantibiotic to avoid a uti. I will have to insist on one. I caught a uti last month because I had to have a catheter for a week. I can't lay on my right side because it hurts, could that be gas bubbles?? I am very discouraged, and will do anything for rest. sad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2012, 07:51 AM
Re: question

I just got off the phone with my mom. She made a lot of sense. when she had her hysterectomy 20 years ago,she had a catheter for 3 days. The doctor did not want ladies back then to have to get up frequently because our bodies are cleansing themselves. I understand that, but I prefer a catheter than this. I don't understand why it has changed like this.
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:09 AM

Call your doctor immediately. Talk to whoever answers the phone and explain to them that you can not wait till later this afternoon to get a call back. You need her to relay your message to the doctor as soon as possible and call you back with an answer. I had a minor complication post op and waited / suffered 3 days ( Easter holiday weekend). Called my doctor first thing Mnday morning. I called back at 4:45 as zi had not been called back yet. The nurse said the doctor needs to see you and set an appointment for the next day. She gave me absolutely no advice about my issue. I had already suffered through the holiday weekend, then needed to wait 24 more hours with no advice or relief. The doctor was angry with her staff for not relaying my message to her right away, and she assumed they gave me a bit of advice when all they did was make me an appointment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2012, 08:18 AM

I did call now I am waiting for them to call me back. What can they do for this??
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:32 AM

ok, im going in. they called and i am getting a catheter. i cant take this no more. thank you
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:42 AM

I am amazed you are even out of the hospital yet. I had a lap 8 weeks prior to my hyster and was in the hospital about the amount of time you were for this.Your surgery was yesterday and you went home by 3pm yesterday, correct? I had daVinci total hyster April 4 and had a catheter in until the next day. I have read post op threads where many ladies are on catheters for several days, some even have to go home with the catheter. When you called the doctors office did you tell them you need an immediate response? I think if they don't call you back in an hour you should call them back again. If still no response you may be needing a trip to the emergency room. Most of us are not discharged from the hospital until we are peeing properly. After they removed my catheter they put a tray inside the toilet that measured my urine output. I wasn't allowed to leave until they monitored it after several voids to make sure I was ok. This doesn't seem right to me at all. Make sure your explaining it correctly to whoever answers the phone at the doctors office. You could also put in a call to the hospital where you had your surgery. Did they give you a phone number on your discharge papers?
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:43 AM

Just saw your message right after I posted! So glad your going back in. Please update me when you have time later today! So sorry you have to get in a car, take a small pillow for your tummy!!
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:45 AM

I am heading in to the doctors right now for the catheter. Ive had them before for bladder issues. My surgery was done at a surgery center. I have great insurance bcbs, and the surgery cost me only $100. So I am confused on why the heck I left the same day. This is major surgery, right?? I had everything removed except ovaries. I ahd fibroids, cysts, polyps, and uterus scraped. I just dont get it. is it a florida thing only?? not one person I spoke with on here left the same day.
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:53 AM

Yea, I can't believe they let you leave. I also feel bad that your now having to make a car trip when your supposed to basically in bed today except for slight walking and going to the bathroom. Day 1 post op is not the day you wan to be out in the car. make sure you get a wheel chair if they have one at the entrance to the doctors office.Be well!!
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:54 AM

Yes, this is MAJOR surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register