Loneliness and hysterectomy recovery - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Loneliness and hysterectomy recovery Loneliness and hysterectomy recovery

Unread 07-08-2015, 09:05 PM
Loneliness and hysterectomy recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarasmash View Post
With me, it's a little weird because I was diagnosed with cervical cancer a little over a month ago. So, most of my friends actually stopped talking to me. I have one close friend who's been there for everything but, She's also super busy all the time. She has offered to buy me groceries, but I have no money to pay her back.

I did go out for a drive a few days ago, and that was very refreshing, my husband took me to dairy queen for a sundae. Things will get better though. I just feel like right now my life is at a stand still. and has been since I found out about the cancer.

@cwcndsc omg 43 days, that's awful. My husband has barely looked at me that way, I think we have hugged maybe twice in the past week.
You can change that! Just because you can't have sex doesn't mean you can't talk about it!! I understand you may not be feeling very sexy, trust me. There are days I hate my hair and my pregnant looking stomach! But the flirting makes me feel sooo much better!! Sometimes I feel like we're torturing each other since we still have so long to go, but it's fun! Try and spice things up with your husband. Any physical contact, hugs, kisses, will make you feel so much better and less lonely. If we're watching tv, I sit as close to him as I can without melting him with my heating pad and we hold hands like teenagers. I love it! Try it, it will make you feel better, I promise!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2015, 09:09 PM
Loneliness and hysterectomy recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarasmash View Post
With me, it's a little weird because I was diagnosed with cervical cancer a little over a month ago. So, most of my friends actually stopped talking to me. I have one close friend who's been there for everything but, She's also super busy all the time. She has offered to buy me groceries, but I have no money to pay her back.

I did go out for a drive a few days ago, and that was very refreshing, my husband took me to dairy queen for a sundae. Things will get better though. I just feel like right now my life is at a stand still. and has been since I found out about the cancer.

@cwcndsc omg 43 days, that's awful. My husband has barely looked at me that way, I think we have hugged maybe twice in the past week.

I'm also so very sorry about the cancer. Best of luck!
Unread 07-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Re: Loneliness and hysterectomy recovery

sarasmash, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm a breast cancer survivor, so I know that people can get weird around the Big C, like it's contagious or something. Not sure if you have support services near you, but I found good cancer friends in a "guided imagery" group (like guided mediation). I wasn't ready to do a full-on support group so it was nice to be around other cancer patients who understood what I was going through. (there were other types of classes for cancer patients, like art, qi gong, etc) When I was going through treatment, I made a point to walk 1/2 hour a day, just in the neighborhood. It was so good to get out and about and see the rest of the world going on. (there was a park and school near our house) I know you may be limited w/ how much walking you can do today, but maybe even just starting with a few minutes each day, that might help w/ the cabin fever. You have a lot more going on than just the hysterectomy. I'll send good thoughts your way. (((hugs)))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2015, 09:23 PM
Re: Loneliness and hysterectomy recovery

lovestogarden, thank you so much.

I have looked up alot of support groups, but it's usually breast cancer or skin cancer. I havn't found anything that's universal or for cervical so it's been a really rough journey. And, it's hard because this has happened all so fast. I mean, I just turned 24 this year. I never thought any of this would happen to me.

But, also it's true. People do act like it's contagious. haha, funny how that happens.
Thank you so much for your well wishes. <3 It's very comforting. Thank you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register