No intimacy until week 8 or 9?! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No intimacy until week 8 or 9?! No intimacy until week 8 or 9?!

Unread 06-16-2007, 11:27 AM
No intimacy until week 8 or 9?!

Well, so much for planning anything special after our first post-op date.... Went in for my 4 week post-op appointment yesterday and was told that we needed to wait until at least week 8 or 9 before we could resume sex! Needless to say I was not a happy camper. I have to say that I was totally shocked that she told us to wait as she didn't even do an interal exam. My first internal will be done at the end of July and the "go ahead" will or will not be given then.... Anyone else out there have to wait this long? This seems totally out there to me, especially when I am feeling good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2007, 11:47 AM

HI, i was told that i had to wait for an internal also. Had an appt scheduled for 6 wks. and dr's office changed to 8 wks. I was ticked off. I do recommend that you wait because you never know about infection. I have a UTI.. they think...the lab lost the test but I am having symptoms..so I am on antiobiotics just in case. I didn't wait No pain, no bleeding but now having infection type issues. Could be from that or it could have just happened. I was having some issues prior to but more so now. Good luck with your decision!
Unread 06-16-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelnine
Anyone else out there have to wait this long?
I had to wait even longer, 12 weeks! I couldn't take a bath that entire time either!

in there and do wait. Your doctor is trying to make sure you are okay so that you do not have future complications. There are a couple current posts on the boards right now where ladies have have problems when they resumed intercourse; one had not been cleared and landed in the hospital, one had been cleared but her cuff tore. So it is better to err on the side of caution!

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2007, 05:27 PM

I had to wait 8 weeks (actually 8 long weeks, 2 days and 15 hours to be precise ... lol), which was last week. We have "done the deed" now twice and I had absolutely no pain or discomfort. I am happy! It does seem like a long time, but best to obey doctor's orders ...easier to wait, then to end up with complications and starting all over again. Take care!
Unread 06-17-2007, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelnine
Well, so much for planning anything special after our first post-op date.... Went in for my 4 week post-op appointment yesterday and was told that we needed to wait until at least week 8 or 9 before we could resume sex! Needless to say I was not a happy camper. I have to say that I was totally shocked that she told us to wait as she didn't even do an interal exam. My first internal will be done at the end of July and the "go ahead" will or will not be given then.... Anyone else out there have to wait this long? This seems totally out there to me, especially when I am feeling good.
I didn't get the go ahead until 6 wks & then the Dr. said if it hurt to bad to wait until 8! We waited until 8.

mshowdy
Unread 06-18-2007, 03:34 PM

WOW! I can see why you'd be so upset. I was given the go ahead at my 4 week post-op, she just told me to listen to my body and if it seems too much to stop and wait another few days. But also suggested only gentle sex until about 12 weeks post-op because anything too "rough" could cause damage. Luckily I was too scared to even consider it. lol Last night we did finally take that plunge though and even though it hurt at first, the pain went away quickly and we were both able to thoroughly enjoy being together again. I'm a little tender today down there but that's to be expected. I would call and ask why she wants you to wait that long. Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register