TVH with A&P and Bladder Sling - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVH with A&P and Bladder Sling TVH with A&P and Bladder Sling

Unread 01-19-2009, 10:49 PM
TVH with A&P and Bladder Sling

Cozzette2,
I had my pre op visit today with my GYN. I asked him a million questions about the TOT sling. He has been doing that procedure for 10 yrs and was very confident about it's success rate and said most of his patients that get it, love it and don't have complications...but there is always that exception to the rule. I decided I am not having the TOT done. I only wet myself if I sneeze or cough unexpectedly and it isn't that big a deal for me...my worry is that with the hyster., will it get worse as I age? It might, and the doc reassured me that I can do this procedure at any time, it only takes about 20 mins. to do it under anesthesia. He said if I had reservations, and was feeling it isn't right for me to do at this time, to go with my gut instinct. So I decided to nix the TOT. I immediately felt a huge relief when I made that decision.

I don't know why I got all worried about it, but reading the posts on the site about slings, bladders, A &P repairs, etc...it scared the crapola out of me. The doc says my bladder is very healthy, firm and hasn't dropped at all, is right where it's supposed to be. So I am going to leave well enough alone.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Cozzette!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2009, 04:17 AM

I got the pleasure of learning how to cath myself yesterday, as an precautionary measure. Boy that was interesting, I had never seen that area so up close and personal..

Now with just the 6 day wait for the trip to the castle, but there is so much to do. That will definately keep my mind off things.

Lauralei47 I will be thinking about you on the 27th, as I will be in the same place.

Unread 01-20-2009, 06:51 AM

Thanks Kari...and my best wishes to you for a speedy recovery and I hope you won't have to cath yourself!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2009, 10:51 AM

Lauralea, thanks for the info. I bet you are relieved that you will just be having the hyster. It is funny, I was so excited about the sling until I went on the bladder issue site and that really made me nervous.
I know the Dr. who is doing mine has great success so I feel better about that.
Self cath, yikkeess, isn't it amazing what women have to go through, geeze
The one thing that I am getting that I don't really see too many other Princess having is the suprapubic cath. It come out right above the pubic bone and I come home with it for 11 days.. It will give my bladder time to heal with less chance of infection. But, I get to drag around my little friend for all that time, oh boy, it just keeps getting better.
Well, good luck ladies, stay calm eat really healthy and get some good sleep while you can
Unread 01-20-2009, 01:54 PM

I just had my procedure, and the anxiety is over! I'm in moderate pain that is controlled with a Dilaudid PCA. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes we superwomen need to cry and hang up our capes. I'm sending you positive glowing healthy energy.
Unread 01-21-2009, 04:50 AM

That is wonderful that you are doing well, that helps ease the anxiety in me.
Unread 01-21-2009, 09:52 AM

CharMay, congrats. I am so glad you are on the other side of the surgery, now the healing begins. I hope you have a good walking day and that your week is relativly pain free..
Thank you for keeping us updated, I can't believe you could do it so soon, wow, I need a laptop
Thank you for your encouragement how generous of you to share your experience so soon.
Thank you
Unread 01-21-2009, 12:16 PM

Dear Ladies in Waiting,

~I'm on day 1 after my TVH with A&P with Bladder sling. I slept poorly last night because the dilaudid PCA with basal drip made me itch. (This was much better for me than Morphine that depresses my breathing and causes me to be nauseated or vomits.)

~I was rather uncomfortable this morning until they took out my foley catheter, and withdrew my vaginal packing. (The packing seemed to go on forever!) I was able to urinate right away. *It didn't hurt!!!* I peed straight with no pressure!

~For pain management my Dr prescribed percocet 1-2 tablets every 4-6 hours, mylicon three times a day and colace twice a day. She said I can still take my Fiber tablet multivitamin. I've been passing gas fine and I walked for twenty minutes this morning.

~I'm setting off for another walk. If I can make a BM I can home today! I want to be able to wear some clothes that don't flap in the wind!

Be brave sisters!

:
Unread 01-21-2009, 12:53 PM

I am having the TVH and bladder sling on Feb 5th, so good luck to you! The only thing I seem to be worried about is the pressure I feel has been put on me about after the surgery they will fill up my bladder and I have an hour to try to void on my own. Otherwise I have to go home with cathetor and bag for the weekend and return to the drs office on Monday to try to pee on my own again. The doc says sometimes you just can't do it on your own. Let me know what happens to you! Good luck.
Unread 01-21-2009, 02:17 PM

Wow CharMay, it sounds like you are doing well, keep up the walking and don't get too crazy and over do. I"ll bet you are glad to finally be on the other side and healing.
I can't believe you already got the cath out, I get to bring mine home for 11 days, how fun to try and walk or sleep with that huh.
Speedy recovery to you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register